Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
# 21
11-23-2012, 09:18 AM
It would be better to add dil rewards to missions, or even just a wrapper to get dil for replaying missions. And remove the cooldown from the foundry daily, if we're going to be forced to spend 45 minutes to get 1440 dil anyway why should we have to wait a full day to get anything out of it again? It's easily possible to get more than 1440 dil in 45 minutes just by running STFs and FAs, and there's no full day cooldown on those.
Captain
# 22
11-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Hmm.. only way I could really see something like this.. would be if it was a fairly small amount - like 25 dilithium every 15 minutes or so. Meaning, you'd end up with a couple hundred dilithium each play session.

That said, there'd probably need to be a cap like 500 dilithium a day or some such to avoid rampant botters.
Career Officer
# 23
11-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I can't see this being implemented. Its too easy to exploit. How? Easy, I remote into my home machine and doff during the day when things are slow at work.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Rihannsu
# 24
11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
It would be better to add dil rewards to missions, or even just a wrapper to get dil for replaying missions. And remove the cooldown from the foundry daily, if we're going to be forced to spend 45 minutes to get 1440 dil anyway why should we have to wait a full day to get anything out of it again? It's easily possible to get more than 1440 dil in 45 minutes just by running STFs and FAs, and there's no full day cooldown on those.
yep, i agree, we should get something from replaying old episodes (we get something for replaying old foundry missions, old STF's, old PVP maps.. too..

some 480Dill pro mission. Easy ones for 240.

PLUS - all the maps from missions should be available in the foundry

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
Nice idea, but it is very vulnerable to being botted - programs that simulate mouse/keyboard inputs would be able to farm 24/7, switching between characters on a timer to milk the maximum out of the system - you would start seeing huddles of toons behaving like penguins at the beam in spawns as the programs keep from being marked as idle by periodically making small WSAD inputs.

This would also be susceptible to multi-boxing, using multiple f2p accounts to farm dill to buy zen, to buy keys to mail to main account, or sell to other players for RL cash.

Making the game easy to farm by professional botters would not be a good move IMHO.
I really like the idea but professional botters would farm it like you would not believe. Keep on this though. Just find a way to solve the above problem.
Ensign
# 26
11-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbehlpnu2012 View Post
This sounds great in theory...but I can't see cryptic giving dilith for free and if they did you can bet they will nerf you hard some place else. Secondly, if they'd try to implement it, it probably wouldn't work as intended. Cryptic has left a bad impression when it comes to changing or upgrading stuff. Most recently with the Reputation System....how do you only fix part I and II and leave part III, IV, and V the same...you know they were able to see how many ppl were approaching T2 or had passed it. Everytime, EVERYTIME, cryptic has given something it comes at a cost to the player. I think we should just agree to give cryptic some time to catch up with itself and fix the problems they introduced with S7.
They only fixed the first parts in this last update. The rest will be resolved by an update on Nov 29th. That will adjust the rest including lifting the LvL 3 cap to use the crates we got for unused old Stf tokens. Look at Branflakes last couple updates for more details on this.
Career Officer
# 27
11-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Solution

You should pick your words more carefully ;P

Of course the developers want you to actively play their game and content, not just log in.
Does it make you feel any better if i tell you that i'm German?