Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
as S7 feels like paying for stuff i already had maybe they need some "good" idea`s there at PWE/Cry what we would like added and are willing to pay for.


I personally would like more "elite"space missions wouldn't even mind if they would charge me dilitium for it instead of earning it, just give it a cool reward or something.

Custom textures on my ship or character like the f2p game APB they can charge me $ for each layer, and if its too hard to add to the engine just add more outfits/hulltextures to the store
So easy to make way more money out of customization.

you guys any idea`s ?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,046
# 2
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olievlekje View Post
Custom textures on my ship or character like the f2p game APB they can charge me $ for each layer, and if its too hard to add to the engine just add more outfits/hull textures to the store
So easy to make way more money out of customization.
This (and new C-Store ships) is exactly what they did do, back when the game went F2P, I wouldn't mind the lockboxes... if they weren't the single MOST common item in the game and as such had a 100% chance of giving you something worth having.

Make fleet mark/credit boosts C-store based also, just like all the other point boosters, lower some of the C-store prices, just slightly, people will buy more for less money for example: new ship and retrain rather than just the ship or a new ship and the better looking skin for it.

Recycle the older lockbox ships in the C-store as well so that we can get those once their boxes are (finally) gone.

This would be a good start
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,767
# 3
11-23-2012, 11:01 AM
New race unlocks, new pets , new uniforms, new ships, the Zen store stuff.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
# 4
11-23-2012, 12:27 PM
unique dyes
more fashions
new packs of character modifications
starship crew uniform token (allows captain to set all crew uniforms)
starship paint schemes
starship lighting~running lights, windows, nacelles
beam color changer, ground and space
furniture and decorations*
race change token
better doff packs
borg bridge officers, science and tactical versions
bridge officer special uniform/casual wear token
dilithium refining 1 use cap increase, timed
dilithium/EC/FM bonus buff (1 use, timed) all earned dil/ec increased including ec from vendor sales. 3 different items for each currency type.
individual and pack sales of modular components for starships, hull, nacelles, saucer, pylons, etc.
hanger pet paint and remodel token, allows change of color and model type (still retains all abilitys, appearence change only)
impulse engine glow/trail modifiers for starships, shuttles, and hanger pets
shield color and fx modifiers
new hair and beard styles
make-up and tattoo options
new emotes

*add quarters for rent on ds9 (since some people practically live there anyway) latinum or EC, connected to zone chat. furnishings/decorations could be added here as well. cheap tiny rooms to expensive suites with amenities. other special amenities purchasable at z-store.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.

Last edited by deadspacex64; 11-23-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,735
# 5
11-23-2012, 12:44 PM
F2P is the model we have, so, what can you do to make money at it.

1st, you have to ackknowledge that F2P relies on new players, not established ones.

So...

Branch your mission content and link it to a reputation system that starts at Level 20 or 30 instead of 50-most of the lower-tier rewards in the rep system are level-inappropriate anyway. MkX gear is obselete by Level 45 for most players. Currently, from L1 to L40 it's a linear railroad for episode content with no real points of decision on your toon's progression. Having a toon reach L40 and be a 'badass' among the Romulans rep-wise vice some other toon whose abilities are different at the same level-even if they're the same CLASS AND FACTION gives variety, and provides motivation. New Players who say, "Look I can be a BADASS!!" will come back, and tell their buddies...



Fill out your "other" major faction and allow starting at L1. (for this, an examination of the User agreement for Foundry shows that Cryptic owns the content already, and doesn't need to pay a dime for it-a dev who spends time going over existing Foundry mission content can select the best/most consistent ones to help fill the gaps and speed up releases...)
Varied content as you level, and the existence of multiple VIABLE factions draws in 'foot traffic". WoW would have had a hard time being viable without the Horde.

FINISH YOUR USER INTERFACES!!! There is a setting to use X-box controllers, but the use is crippled because the needed code isn't in place to really USE this stuff-same for joysticks. Most modern gamers are NOT Keyboard commandoes, and in F2P there are more 'console gamers' than experienced Keyboard commandoes.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 6
11-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
New race unlocks, new pets , new uniforms, new ships, the Zen store stuff.

no more pets unless they plan to increase the bank space.I already have a half of bank full of pets.

c store needs and it should have retrait /change race/gender/career tonkens ,new races and things to make your toon unique ( i thought they know by now that humans like to be uniqe in game and outisde of it thus making their toons look unique ) ....they should look at champions online c store lol

Last edited by adrianm63; 11-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 590
# 7
11-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Buy the ability to build a ship with custom traits.
You buy a ship template (Tac Escort for example).
Distribute points to base traits (like hull strength).
Buy additional modifiers (+5% shield regen)
Buy Universal stations.


Buy the official characters from the series
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 796
# 8
11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Buy the ability to build a ship with custom traits.
You buy a ship template (Tac Escort for example).
Distribute points to base traits (like hull strength).
Buy additional modifiers (+5% shield regen)
Buy Universal stations.


Buy the official characters from the series
Not going to happen... ever...

This would destroy any balance remaining in the game. Players would focus on getting to the bleeding edge and we end up with less diversity than we already have. There would be one build, one boff set up, and one console set up that would be the "de facto" PVP build for everyone. By having limited ship builds, you have to make sacrifices. Do you want more Science slots, more Engineering slots, or do you want to go a middle road? Either way, each ship has a certain roll it can fill in, and these are all balanced by one form or another. The Vesta, while a powerful ship with a quick turnrate, has a weaker hull than alot of other Z-ships. So you have to take that into consideration as you purchase and build it.

We would also somewhat break the IP where a Defiant class is really science-y and an Intrepid class is super tactical. Each of these ships had personality, and a different role to play within Starfleet.

The Devs have training, experience, degrees, and a whole lot of numbers to help balance the game and make sure it is fun for everyone, on the giving and receiving end of punishment. Players, on the other hand, or focused only on pushing themselves and their builds to the max, and inflicting as much troll as they can to others.

TLR... Custom Ships are bad, M'kay. I would prefer more cosmetic items with a few awesome (yet balanced) ships sprinkled in.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,286
# 9
11-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
Not going to happen... ever...
Why not ? You do that exact same thing when creating a character.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 590
# 10
11-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
Not going to happen... ever...

This would destroy any balance remaining in the game. Players would focus on getting to the bleeding edge and we end up with less diversity than we already have. There would be one build, one boff set up, and one console set up that would be the "de facto" PVP build for everyone. By having limited ship builds, you have to make sacrifices. Do you want more Science slots, more Engineering slots, or do you want to go a middle road? Either way, each ship has a certain roll it can fill in, and these are all balanced by one form or another. The Vesta, while a powerful ship with a quick turnrate, has a weaker hull than alot of other Z-ships. So you have to take that into consideration as you purchase and build it.

We would also somewhat break the IP where a Defiant class is really science-y and an Intrepid class is super tactical. Each of these ships had personality, and a different role to play within Starfleet.

The Devs have training, experience, degrees, and a whole lot of numbers to help balance the game and make sure it is fun for everyone, on the giving and receiving end of punishment. Players, on the other hand, or focused only on pushing themselves and their builds to the max, and inflicting as much troll as they can to others.

TLR... Custom Ships are bad, M'kay. I would prefer more cosmetic items with a few awesome (yet balanced) ships sprinkled in.
Read the thread title.
Everything I mentioned will make CA$$$$$$$$H.
Making REAL money is the only parameter.

I would pay MAD CA$H for an official Seven of Nine BOff (even extra for that silver bodyglove ) instead of that generic Borg chick.
I would sell my first born kid to have Martok as my Tac BOff on my Raptor.


It's all about the $.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 PM.