1. Offer more playable species in the Z-Store (Romulan, Cardassian, etc). These would sell like hotcakes.
2. Add more costumes to the Z-store but at a lower cost, maybe 400 zen.
3. As someone mentioned above, a change species token as well as a change career path token (tac/eng/sci).
4. Reduce the requisition and item unlock timers in the reputation system, all the way from 1 day 16hrs to 1 hour. Right now people are only going to wait 1 day 16hrs for something they "must have" and thus are spending less dilithium by not having the option to buy those other items in the store more quickly. Basically, right now there is a time-gate for people to be able to buy something from the reputation store when they've already reached the tier required to buy it. That's just bad business, get rid of that and you will make more money.
Instance rentals, complete with special occasion sets. Rent out DS9 (interior, exterior), Bajor, New Romulus, etc., for Fleet get-togethers, RP groups, community events, and more! Also, I'd make sure there's at least one version with a wedding chapel (no, really).
Organized PVP as Sport: buy in, prizes are awarded, everyone is put onto equal footing with pre-set equipment/ships that are balanced independently of PVE. Let everyone compete on the basis of their skill, not gear. Obviously contingent on other factors.
More species that can play on Federation and Klingon. Honestly, the galaxy is a big place.
Find more ways to customize characters, mechanically. This would encourage alting. Right now I've got little to no reason to alt, but that's just me. If characters could have hobbies or specialties independent of their career/build, such as Geology, Archeology, Astrometrics, etc., (similar to our DOFFs) along with skills to go along with them? That could work. Not everything has to be combat related, and this would be a good way to take care of that.
- costumes, open off-duty stuff for KDF and make MORE of it, new hair options for both factions, new uniforms for KDF
- ship interior customization, stuff for captains quarters,
- new races from series implemented into existing factions
- projects to upgrade ANY tier 5 ship to tier 5.5 - cost is 2 fleet modules, you get +1 free console slot, repeatable 2 times on one ship.
- Romulan Faction 45-50 and above - most profit here
- Cardassians as a part of the Federation with ships opened only for Cardassian toons or toons which have grinded the Cardassian Reputation
- new reputations as : Section 31, Vulcan, Orion Syndicate, House of Norg'h, Ferengi, Temporal police department... which could be grinded by projects or/and episodic missions to find free on various existing planets/space stations/contacts
rewards = one to 5 UNIQUE weapons/consumables/costume in various MK's would be enough, we do not need sets everywhere
Let's face it, we want more clothing options for all factions as well as more styles. This should be available in the Zen Store like the others, and not just sold as bundles--but are account available.
EXTRA BANK TABS
We NEED more bank space! Pets need their own bank tab. Data Samples need their own bank tab. Food and Drinks need their own bank tab. These should be sold at 750 Zen for expansion and not 1000 Zen.
EXTRA INVENTORY TABS
Pets need their own inventory tab--some people like to have access to more than just 1 pet a time. Data Samples need their own inventory tab--for those of us who actually grind for them. Ground Equipment & Weapons need their own inventory tab--because a character just doesn't use one set.
Bring back some of the tribbles that were sold some time ago in the Zen Store for others to buy--Tribble of Borg is the first to come to mind.
These are the things I would spend REAL MONEY to have in STO.
I would support this.
There could be IRL gaming regulations PWE would have to tango with, though.
They could bypass that with Dilithium, but recent changes with Dil (and it's fallout) will occur again.
Not sure if Dabo would benefit, but the in-game infrastructure is there.
Also, GPL is the stepchild of the currencies in STO and if there can be a conversion to Dilithium and Lobi then Gold Pressed Latinum could be STO Poker's official currency.
If a Ferengi zone is planned, an STO Casino would be one hell of a welcome mat.