Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,738
# 31
11-25-2012, 02:21 AM
defbond7
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
# 27
Today, 12:54 AM

A ship that I loved in STBC:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...l-ncc-2713.php
Last edited by defbond7; Today at 12:59 AM.
----------------

Canon or not that's a good looking ship
I would pay zen for this
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,098
# 32
11-25-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
was not made by starfleet and ive not seen it in any thing other then the one EP from Voy

and to "Although created by alien technology, the ship was modified to resemble Federation starships on the interior and exterior by the means of particle synthesis."
You want to re-watch the Enterprise episode "Azati Prime".

When Archer is taken to the future, the battle of Procyon V, there are at least 2 shots of Federation Dauntless classes outside the window.

Reused models made to just fill the scene? Yes! But that still makes it a canon federation ship
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports

Last edited by anazonda; 11-25-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,018
# 33
11-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
New Orleans, Constellation, Norway & Kelvin-type.
Also , consider the age of the Kelvin
this thing predates the constitution by a considerable margin , yes we have the NX in game as a replica , but that doesnt necessarily we need MORE ships forever consigned to t1
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,032
# 34
11-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You want to re-watch the Enterprise episode "Azati Prime".

When Archer is taken to the future, the battle of Procyon V, there are at least 2 shots of Federation Dauntless classes outside the window.

Reused models made to just fill the scene? Yes! But that still makes it a canon federation ship
It's also an absurd future where the Federation builds (built? while have built? will be building?) ships that are armed with Phase Cannons and look like Deep Space 9 on the inside.

It's also an impossible future since they destroyed the Spheres at the end of Enterprise's third season.
And it already took them 1000 years to create the expanse which had a diameter of 2,000 light years while the expanse in the in th 26th century had a diameter of 50,000 light years.

Assuming the rate of growth of the expanse increases over time, it might have been possible for it to grow to that size if the process had not been interrupted and totally reversed by Enterprise.
But it's one of those futures that can't come to pass, given later developments and because obviously the technology of that Federation developed into totally different directions from the one in our timeline at a very early stage, probably before TOS.

Last edited by misterde3; 11-25-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 970
# 35
11-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Well they added the Galaxy Dreadnaught so it's probably ok to hope for the Dauntless class.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, Xindi carrier, Xindi escort, and the T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,098
# 36
11-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It's also an absurd future where the Federation builds (built? while have built? will be building?) ships that are armed with Phase Cannons and look like Deep Space 9 on the inside.

It's also an impossible future since they destroyed the Spheres at the end of Enterprise's third season.
And it already took them 1000 years to create the expanse which had a diameter of 2,000 light years while the expanse in the in th 26th century had a diameter of 50,000 light years.

Assuming the rate of growth of the expanse increases over time, it might have been possible for it to grow to that size if the process had not been interrupted and totally reversed by Enterprise.
But it's one of those futures that can't come to pass, given later developments and because obviously the technology of that Federation developed into totally different directions from the one in our timeline at a very early stage, probably before TOS.
I fully see your point, But the fact remains that Voyager had already had the runin with that design, and taken the idea home.

The Dauntless was rather small compared to the Ent-J, around the same size of the Prommie, wich was also present at that battle, so it would stand to reason to assume that the Dauntless may not have been a top of the line ships, but rather a remnant of a once strong fleet... Not unlike the Miranda and Excelsiors up till the 24'th century.

At least thats always how I've seen the presense of the Dauntless during that battle... A 26'th century frigate from the early 25'th century.

I mean: It's unlikely that the federation would take 200 years of designing a fully functional replica of the dauntless, when the Voyager cres (who were, lets face it, less than intelligent) could replicate a semi-working slipstream drive in 2 years.

It's not like they had to design the thing from bottom up... they practically had the blueprints and several test runs.

And of cause there is also the fact that Daniels said that the timeline was resetting itself....
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
# 37
11-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Canon i would like to see the Dauntless in a OP bundle (such as ody and vesta) as a escort. Hopefully after kdf get another bundle.


Non-canon i would like to see the achilles
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,011
# 38
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
Well they added the Galaxy Dreadnaught so it's probably ok to hope for the Dauntless class.
would not hope on it for the galaxy was made by starfleet Dauntless was only seen by one ship that was voy again Dauntless was not made by starfleet you going to try and say the galaxy x was not made by starfleet for that is what your post is trying to say

as that galaxy x was upgrade in a time of war with who nuff said yes all that happen in picard head

but in the game we are at war with who?
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 712
# 39
11-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I would like a Norway, because we got the Steamrunner.
The norway would be a nice battlecruiser.
Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
# 40
11-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
but in the game we are at war with who?

Idk maybe the kdf. Tholians. Talshiar. Mirror universe. Borg. Iconians in the backgroud. Ah lets not forget we are going to delta quadrant and voyager mad a mess there didnt they hmm...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 PM.