# 11
11-23-2012, 09:44 PM
You got to be triccing me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 12
11-23-2012, 09:59 PM
These mines should not be I'n pve either
Npcs can't counter them

They are a excelled tool to further destroy pvp
Perhaps that's what is intended ?
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse

Last edited by jellico1; 11-23-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Captain
# 13
11-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Playing the devil's advocate:

1) a tric mine takes effort to lay properly, not to mention takes 2 skill slots away due to the additional disable skill needed to set it up.
2) Long cooldown.
3) Mines can be destroyed or countered.

Trics doing a hell load of damage makes sense. Don't nerf things just because its not a quantum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 14
11-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So... anybody Tric or Treat with the new PWO that can reduce the CD on mines?
I have a friend who was itching for the new pack and bought three blues already. Started using them, and found that while they can help, even if all three proc, you'll still have at least a 30 second cooldown roughly on tric mines.

From what I can gather, they can be useful to make equipping only one tric mine, instead of two. Along with really helping quicker reloading mines, can anybody say mega-Chroniton mine spam?

Besides, even with tac initiative, still gotta wait on mine abilities to reset regardless.

The only real 'abuse' I can think of outta the new PWO doff is that there could be a bit of a bug/exploit that would, when you use another mine, make the DOFF proc reduce the CDs of both mines. If that happens, then yeah, could be nasty potentially, but at least mine abilities would still balance it out somewhat.

But silly PvPers, trics are for kids!

(Are we really going to make this go the way of the Gorn?)

Rihannsu
# 15
11-24-2012, 12:20 AM
What I'm seeing in this thread is the fact that people are blaiming the Tricobalt Mines by themselves. And not the known issue that, if you watch the video closely, can see is Dispersal Pattern Beta and Tric mines.

That added with the Tipler Console can be even worse then just the simple Tricobalt Mine by it's self.

TRicobalt Mines before the change and introduction of the bug, were fine. I don't recall seeing them getting kills as often.

So please, stop trying to get Tricobalt Mines nerfed when they alone are not the cause of such much grief.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 16
11-24-2012, 12:43 AM
I pretty much agree with tric mines + DPB being rather much. After being disabled by either Tipler Cylinder or Warp Plasma (Tough to see them), being blasted to bits in effectively one volley is a bit much. And, if I'm not mistaken, they can be tac-buffed too, making them even more difficult to deal with.

I do acknowledge that AoE can deal with them to some degree, but AoE cannot be up all the time. Therefore, I believe that the following steps would be nice:

1. Check for the multi-crit bug. I'm not sure if this is still present, but there was this bug/feature where if one tric mine critted, all the others would too. If it is still there, remove it.

2. When we use HYT, each torpedo in the salvo of 4 does less damage than a single normal torpedo. Such a damage reduction on the use of dispersal patterns, just enough to nerf them slightly, would go a long way to helping us deal with multiple mines.

3. In the case of Tipler Cylinder, the mines launched should not arm themselves while within the time stop. If they do not as it is, maybe the Cylinder's effect could reset the arming timer on mines? If they are already armed, the time-stop would switch your own team's mines into offline mode, forcing them to have to rearm.
Captain
# 17
11-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
The only real 'abuse' I can think of outta the new PWO doff is that there could be a bit of a bug/exploit that would, when you use another mine, make the DOFF proc reduce the CDs of both mines. If that happens, then yeah, could be nasty potentially, but at least mine abilities would still balance it out somewhat.
PWO works that way, why wouldn't PWO-M work that way?

Say you're sporting Trans and Plas Torps. You fire the Trans. You fire the Plas next. The PWO from the Plas can reduce the recharge for both the Trans and the Plas. You fire another Trans. That PWO can reduce the recharge for the Trans and the Plas as well.

As for the DPB...break out some AtB.

The thing you'd have to watch out for is the 12s triggered CD caused by one launcher on another. Given the PWO-Ms, you'd likely not be bothered with the individual CDs on the non-Tric mines - but you're still going to be looking at that 12s triggered CD on a secondary. If you paired the Tric with Photon (15s) or Plasma (16s) - the PWO-M dropping the individual CD down... you could "spam" them to reduce the time to DPB the Trics (again, you're running AtB for the DPB)...

...it's almost worth breaking out a spreadsheet to see what the theoretical speed of dropping out DPB'd Trics could be when paired with another launcher.

I might later... it's not a 4 AM sort of thing though, lol.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
# 18
11-24-2012, 01:23 AM
What's even more disturbing is the "tric"kling of data from the new viral doffs in practical use. I had a viral matrix on me for nearly 40%+ time of a match tonight using the new doffs.

I said they would be OP. They said upon release their proc rate on whites be 5%, greens 10%, blues 15% and purples 20%. They doubled the proc rate despite the staunch opposition to their launch.

In junction with SN Doffs, tric mines, and the viral doffs you have yourself the most over powering build you can ask for without needing hardly any team support.

FYI You can stack up to 3 Viral Doffs.

TRH will be producing another video for you all to see this in action.

Last edited by paxottoman; 11-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Rihannsu
# 19
11-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Bwahaha! Ok, that was honestly really good actually. Oh man, that was way more funny than you probably intended.

Alrighty, that aside, I won't deny at all the potency of tric mines. That said, the problem with them isn't the damage, or AoE effect, or disable, it's the fact that you can use Dispersal patterns with them. In the past, you could only ever lay one tric mine (probably to prevent the very issues we're having now) at a time. With the mine revamp, that was changed.

I feel the best solution would just be to remove them being used with Dispersal patterns, and most of this might disappear over night, because the real danger, I feel, comes from people using dispersal patterns on trics.

Regardless, if they took a hit, I wouldn't like it, but I could certainly understand it.
This ^^^ all the other stuff .....neh
Here is a non video of a pre-made fleeeeeet using a 2xesocrts, 2xi ships and a 1xcarrier, all have danooobe pets and DHC, nerf DHC please, thanks.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
easy fix:

don't use the damn tric mines.
Another easy fix: use them and get a copy of TBRs in your team.