Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 61
11-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost1026 View Post

Nerf the damage % per mine for each additional mine dispersed...
-15% each for 2, -25% each for 3, -35% each for 4 mines.

This Happened to me tonight in kerrat from a B'rel using the mines

[1:54] [Combat (Self)] Tricobalt Mine deals 48486 (102923) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[1:54] [Combat (Self)] Tricobalt Mine deals 106022 (136664) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[1:54] [Combat (Self)] Tricobalt Mine deals 114057 (147021) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

[1:54] [Combat (Self)] Tricobalt Mine deals 58739 (116139) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Mine Explosion.

If you are someone who says this isnt OP, somethings wrong. These mines were laid on KDF spawn at reset and killed 8 feds instantly. In the pvp queues, this basically does the same thing to a team, from a SINGLE dispersal pattern. In kerrat, it may be funny at times watching 10 feds die instantly, but it gets old, and in the queues, its extremely lame. It takes very little skill to wipe a full team out with tricobalt spam and then to call it a "win". These Mines deserve a pass over by the devs with balancing them. At least nerf the damage per additional mine dispersed for tricobalts.

It is possible that nerfing the dispersal pattern would lower the damage per mine for every other type of mine used, which i dont think needs to happen. Only the tricobalts really need a balance pass. if its not possible to nerf the individual additional tricobalt mine that gets dispersed, then either reduce the damage of the tricobalt mine in general, or take the tricobalts off of dispersal pattern

And, Fix the critical's of all mines that are dispersed from a single dispersal pattern. if a single mine crits, there should not be a guarantee that all the mines dispersed will crit. each mine should have its own crit chance

@Minitrckin08 Turkish RP Heros

TRH pvp videos

Last edited by evilghost1026; 11-27-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 62
11-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Please Cryptic fix this.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Commander
# 63
11-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah, Tric Mines with Dispersals should be adressed. They are even more deadly when a Tric bombing team is using crowd control stuff in addition to trics.

I understand that cheap tric mine kills can be addictive. But do not kid yourselves, scoring points with trics does not make you a good player. On the contrary. You unlearn to play with skill.

Here, I found a video where someone is using a Wells Tric bomber in a duel situation. The "Boom" remark after the Tricer cheap shots his opponent speaks volumes. I know both players from the queues. If you take the buffed trics out of the equation and put the tricer in a legit ship, he would loose everytime to the SOB guy.

Silly me, I spend months now to learn to pew pew in a legit way with a Tac, Sci and and an Eng. Could've skipped all of this just by going the tric bomber road.

Yes, there may be counter tactics for trics, but those counters are a) either inadequate or b) way to difficult to implement. Note to Cryptic: If the counter for a specific attack is 8 times more difficult to execute than to execute the attack itself, it means the balancing is off.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Empire Veteran
# 64
11-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Y'know, in a totally balanced setting, where all things are equal and fair, I, or anyone else, truly should not be able to kill someone with only tric mines. I mean sure they should HURT, and they should disable, but not be a guaranteed kill essentially.

After sleeping on it, I am much more in the party of nerfing them, but still only to a reasonable point. Minitrckin's idea seems to be the best. Reducing their overall damage per mine due to a dispersal pattern would bring them more in line. Using a higher dispersal pattern would still be a good idea, but not within the line of how it is now.

Removing tric mines from dispersal patterns would probably mean the total death of them, make them as they were before the mine revamp.

That said, I think the point has been made. There doesn't really need to be a 'crusade' anymore about em.

Commander
# 65
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Still nothing from the Dev team on this matter.
Career Officer
# 66
11-27-2012, 08:37 PM
1) Adress the One Crits, They All Crit issue and give them each the chance to crit.

2) Remove the splash damage coefficient (mines only).

That alone should put them in line. This way, they collectively still have the chance to kill a primary target without taking out everything within a 5km radius.

To do anymore would make them utterly useless since some of of the more resourceful PvP'rs out there already use some kind of AoE and not put all their eggs into buffing cannon alpha damage or tanking defense.
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
I had a chance to test this. I have all the Temporal kit.

I agree it is pretty nasty. Part of me agrees this is very OP, but another part of me thinks it would be a shame to remove from the game, what it really needs is a better counter to the AOE damage.

It is kindof like adding a nuke to space combat. I like that there is a nuke, it's a nice addition, but I also think the solution of mine attack patterns reducing the damage of a mine is the wrong approach. Fixing the crit bug is the obvious first step, but isn't the bigger problem the AoE damage that overwhelms shields + hull? If shields dissipated 80% or 90% of the AoE damage I think that would go a long way in balancing the attack once the crit bug is fixed.

That wouldn't help folks who take a hull hit by a tric, but that is supposed to hurt.
Commander
# 68
11-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echodarksided View Post
I had a chance to test this. I have all the Temporal kit.

I agree it is pretty nasty. Part of me agrees this is very OP, but another part of me thinks it would be a shame to remove from the game, what it really needs is a better counter to the AOE damage.

It is kindof like adding a nuke to space combat. I like that there is a nuke, it's a nice addition, but I also think the solution of mine attack patterns reducing the damage of a mine is the wrong approach. Fixing the crit bug is the obvious first step, but isn't the bigger problem the AoE damage that overwhelms shields + hull? If shields dissipated 80% or 90% of the AoE damage I think that would go a long way in balancing the attack once the crit bug is fixed.

That wouldn't help folks who take a hull hit by a tric, but that is supposed to hurt.
Yeah, kind of obvious you're flying a tric mine bop. Do you fire off AMS before you drop mines on people?

Anyway, I ran the tric mines today without even being spec'd into them. They're doing more DPS than my dual heavy cannons which I am spec'd into in STFs. I'm only running one console for them on my bug. It's stupidly easy to go around doing this to people in the queues. I'll call it trolling at this point.

Echo, no offense but if you can't let go of your tric mines, then you're probably not going to get the slightest bow of respect from some of the talented players in this community. In fact, you'll just get tarred and feathered.
Empire Veteran
# 69
11-29-2012, 06:15 AM
I have a B'rel retrofit and tested more and more stealth tactics :

I had tested a tricobalt mine boat too :

First i wish to say that is not a very passionate build : Stealth , wait , chase , drop mines and hope hit targets.

I found this tactic boring and not very op in front experienced players who crushed mines in 1 second.
My kill ratio was not very high and i had to wait the good moment , the good place ..so i repeat i found that a little boring .

As a stealth ship , i died a lot too from fed tric mines too

I don't think the huge damage from mines, a problem in the game , but a true warrior challenge to found counter tactics.

That is one a my best pleasure to found tactics and builds to be effective and have funny time.

Be creative and take pleasure
Commander
# 70
11-29-2012, 06:46 AM
It will be a esye fix for them to do so do not worry.