Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 71
11-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
1) Adress the One Crits, They All Crit issue and give them each the chance to crit.
I agree that this needs to happen, and then some time needs to pass so we can re-evaluate them, but I don't know if it will actually get a fix because it's present in other abilities.

I'll just put my super sekret pet project out there, Aceton Beam can crit for over 1000 with only a moderate particle generator investment and tac buff investment, and when it does that's over 1000 every second for 30 seconds. There's clearly no roll for each tick.
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Yeah, kind of obvious you're flying a tric mine bop. Do you fire off AMS before you drop mines on people?
Wrong guy. I ran with my Fed Sci John Paul Jones in a Temporal Science with both Temporal consoles, the Lobi set that has the chroniton, and suited it up as a tric bomber.

I have all purple mk xii everything, and basically would slow, stun, or stop every thing and lay DpB II for what adds up to 30Kx3 on my target(s).

There are certainly several counters, and the single biggest issue is the DpB crit bug, but I see your bigger point. I personally want mines to take on a more prominent role in PvP and like the tric nuke in PvP, because I think variety is good, but I am not convinced this is balanced well. A tac in a Temporal destroyer would put out a lot more damage than I was, but without tippler I am not convinced the tac could make the other guy a sitting duck like a Sci can- so there are already some trade offs.

Kerrat sucks for testing, I'll know more once I can get into private queues again this weekend.
Commander
# 73
12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Alright back on track guys.

Someone already made a bad post about using this stuff on people in the face of defiance of it not being fixed. So far, the best suggestion was by Yoda on scaling the damage dealt by the mines per tier of dispersal patterns. So dispersal pattern 1 would have the highest yield of damage per mine, and dispersal pattern 3 the lowest yield per mine.

Let's pick it up from there and see when and where Borticus will decide to stroll around here.

Cheers.
Lieutenant
# 74
12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Again, simply change the crit mechanic of DPB and all is well. "We can't figure out our code to fix it" is a lame excuse not to fix it. Please just come right out and tell us "we aren't willing to invest the resources to fix it" instead.
Empire Veteran
# 75
12-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
Again, simply change the crit mechanic of DPB and all is well. "We can't figure out our code to fix it" is a lame excuse not to fix it. Please just come right out and tell us "we aren't willing to invest the resources to fix it" instead.
Is this the response they gave or the one we expect?
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Lieutenant
# 76
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Is this the response they gave or the one we expect?
If memory serves me correctly, the reason for not fixing it is something along the lines of this. Like FAW, it's pretty embedded in how the coding works with the ability. It wasn't that FAW was impossible to fix, it's just that they don't want to spend the time to do it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 77
12-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
tric me once, shame on you. tric me twice, shame on me?
i face trics every day they are powerful but, seldom do i go boom from one unless the user knows how to use it in a combo or i have baby aggro and im not watchin wtf im doin
i will use them if i need them like say im in a pug with unexperianced players and im faceing a premade. i would say the bulk of the dmg i see them do can easily be avoided
but a combo like trget weapons,ss,vm,theta,dpb2,ams,sub nuke not many will survive that atleast i have ever only see 1 fleet and a handfull players survive, now u pull that shhit and u will get put on ignore lists quick. last night what im sure was those little plicks SFD where tric mining spawn points at kerrat my tac was stuck there for hrs cause as soon as u would spawn boom...not kool and as much as i like trics and think they do have place in pvp the should be nerfed they are to much
Survivor of Romulus
# 78
12-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
And now to sound like a salesman...

Tricobalt Mines got you down?

Can't keep your AOE's up to keep them down?

Have no fear! Auxilery to Battery x 2 + 3 Technician Duty officers are right for you!

Behold as all your Bridge officer powers become Global Cool down!

Eject Warp Plasma fading too fast? No problem! With the Aux 2 Bat combo, it never disappears!

So hurry while supplies are going fast!
sry just one problem dont get me wrong aux2bat with tech is awsome till u meet a sci who knows how to trgt ur aux sub sytem and u have no heals and a bad sensor scan hangover...and the the 4 escourts u just been tanking violate you...every one run aux2bat pls

aux2bat plus aux bat right after...8D
Empire Veteran
# 79
12-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
If memory serves me correctly, the reason for not fixing it is something along the lines of this. Like FAW, it's pretty embedded in how the coding works with the ability. It wasn't that FAW was impossible to fix, it's just that they don't want to spend the time to do it.
So this is " Enjoy it while it last...." with a "while we worry about it later"?
He who laughs last thinks slowest.