Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
11-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Data. No Data no TNG.
Captain
# 22
11-24-2012, 02:13 AM
New stuffs?First they need to fix the old TNG stuffs like oversized combadge ,pants (which stragely look like some dirty PJs ) or Enterprise D which is really really good at being useless compared to ther ships .
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstudios View Post
Well, we've already been told in the latest Ask Cryptic session that the doctor Crusher's lab jacket will likely be added. I'd imagine we can probably expect a new bridge map as with most new era bundles.
That's not what was said at all.

Q: (athourst) Are there any plans on adding in Dr. Crusher?s medical robe?

Dstahl: It is on our list for inclusion in a potential future TNG Bundle pack, so there?s a chance that you?ll see this in the future. We are going to try to release two themed bundle packs a year, so we may get to this sooner than later.

Regardless of what he says, people are gonna wonder where their promised Dr.'s Coat is on the next update.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
11-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileight1 View Post
That's not what was said at all.

Q: (athourst) Are there any plans on adding in Dr. Crusher?s medical robe?

Dstahl: It is on our list for inclusion in a potential future TNG Bundle pack, so there?s a chance that you?ll see this in the future. We are going to try to release two themed bundle packs a year, so we may get to this sooner than later.

Regardless of what he says, people are gonna wonder where their promised Dr.'s Coat is on the next update.
Yeah but come on! They have realesed a tos bridge pack and a ds9 one, its inevatable that at some point its only a matter of time before they do the same love and dedication for the tng fans and make a tng bundle pack. I would hapily pay good zen for this.
Career Officer
# 25
11-24-2012, 03:06 AM
To be honest I think it's astonishing that after 3 years we do not have a TNG ship pack (not just bridge which we kinda have already). For most ST fans TNG was the pinnacle of the genre, the Galaxy class NCC1701-D Enterprise IS Star Trek. I'm old enough to have watched TOS sitting on my mother's knee, I've seen and loved all the series and films but Picard's Enterprise is THE ship I most want to fly. If I'm doing fairly mundane dailies and so on I still fly the Galaxy but for more demanding missions it has to be the Regent with the Sovvy skin.

So what I would like to see here is a two part pack.

Part 1: Full ship interior, at least six decks with all the above mentioned areas to scale please. We should also make sure there is a Shuttle bay as many great episodes had crucial scenes there, I would want to have a raisable shuttle bay door with the alarm sound affect used in the show which was always awesome. Definite includes are of course the bridge with THE CORRECT READY ROOM, not the usual bolted on copy that's on every other ship except the TOS pack, and also the adjoining conference room, these two are absoultly vital in this pack.

Part 2: Upgrade to either the Galaxy or the Dreadnought, preferably the Galaxy to at least make it as good as the Dread but with seperating saucer as per the show. An extra Sci slot and change one of the stations to universal so we can make this classic and much loved ship far more useful in PvP, STFs and other challenging areas of STO.

For Part One:
AREAS TO BE INCLUDED

Bridge - conference room, ready room, turbolifts
10-Forward
Engineering
Transporter Room 3
Holodeck 3 with an option to run foundry missions from inside and a tailor to set appropriate outfit
Sickbay
Crew deck with quarters for Picard, Data, Troy and as many other rooms as you can get on, we know how easy this is, there are some foundry missions with many many rooms on one deck
Astrometrics lab
Science Lab - I think where they tried to get through to Locutus but going to have to check that
Plenty of Jeffrey's Tubes
Hydroponics
Shuttlebay

In addition we need the correct sound effects for places like the warp core area in engineering, the general ambient background noises.

Interactive Areas:

Holodeck, call the Arch to access the foundry
Shuttle bay raising door and alarm - access to shuttle from the bay with a graphic of leaving the Enterprise through the forcefield or the ability to launch a shuttle from the bay and see it exit the forcefield.
Plenty of interactive views from the bridge, cycle through images on the view screen with option to magnify and option for a warp field view (comon I've had a starfield screensaver on my PC as long as I've had PCs)

All the onboard crew must be in TNG uniforms

The pack will also include the correct weapons and sound effects
A choice of uniforms including Picard's Jacket
El Baz Shuttle + El Baz Shuttle Pet

Nice to have, - a working poker mini-game

Finally the ship should have the correct Aztec marking scheme option.

A lot of work yes, expensive probably, worth it YOU BET.

There has been some significant criticism of STO that it has moved too far away from the Star Trek IP by many people, the addition of the above pack with all or most of those features would I believe in one fell swoop put this game light years ahead of any other Trek game ever released. The knock on subscriptions as word of mouth got out, the publicity from Startrek.com and other notable sites would be huge!

How much would I pay for this? Well I think the price for some of the above would be around 2000-3000 Zen, if they added everything I listed I would gladly pay 5000 Zen, maybe more.

Cryptic, STO is a very good MMO, but many people including myself only play it because it IS Star Trek, put the Enterprise back into STO and you will be rolling in GPL and the fans will be your devoted followers for years to come.

MAKE IT SO!
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-24-2012, 03:42 AM
SHUt UP AND TAKE MY MONEY PWE/Cryptic

Now im all excited because of this , ty very much guys
Captain
# 27
11-24-2012, 03:44 AM
I would love to see the later TNG Admiral/Dress uniform included.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 28
11-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
Data. No Data no TNG.
--------------
I agree a Data doff would make the bundle
Sell like mad
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-24-2012, 03:56 AM
Well said mattjohnsonva. I agree 100% with that statement. If they do the tng interior they have to do it right. And the enterprise d is my enterprise. I love the Galaxy class. Would be another good chance to make a better more end level Galaxy class with an exclusive material and extra console slotts etc. Heres hoping.
Captain
# 30
11-24-2012, 04:15 AM
It would sell even better if the TNG-Pack would include the coat from the captain of the I.K.S. Pagh ... but silly me, this would actually mean Cryptic would give the KDF a second c-store costume and we all know ONE (which can be also used for Feds btw) is enough.

/sarcastic furor teutonicus