Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10
# 1 Space Purple MK10-12 Gear?
11-23-2012, 05:13 PM
So I was looking through the store unlocks and various requisitions in the Omega reputation system and I noticed something is missing... all the space MK10-12 equipment, like deflectors, shields, engine, and most importantly, weapons. The set items are there. The ground equipment is there, but none of the non-set space equipment. Such as this item:

http://www.pkunk.net/images/screensh...3_17-04-52.png

So I guess anyone working with the new system just cannot get this high end gear? That seems grossly unfair to anyone who hits level 50 and starts grinding on Omega rep after the change. REALLY REALLY UNFAIR.

I'm on the 'don't care much' side of this fence, I have tons of this MK12 stuff. But I know if I were on the other side, I'd be screaming until blue in the face.

So is that intended? Am I just missing something? I'm only Tier 2 myself, but looking through the descriptions of the higher tiers, I don't see any mention of this gear.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 2
11-23-2012, 05:18 PM
They are not there because the weapon(s) you listed are being phased out.

From what the devs have said, you will be able to get the Borg proc as a power through the Omega Reputation system. So any weapons you put on your ship/toon will gain the proc.

The devs have also said that new borg weaponry will be coming out at a later date. These will be added to the Omega rep store when they arrive.

In short, you cannot buy those weapons anymore therefore they wont be added to the rep system....
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 3
11-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I think this is also a big hint that they want people buying Fleet weapons
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10
# 4
11-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
They are not there because the weapon(s) you listed are being phased out.

From what the devs have said, you will be able to get the Borg proc as a power through the Omega Reputation system. So any weapons you put on your ship/toon will gain the proc.

The devs have also said that new borg weaponry will be coming out at a later date. These will be added to the Omega rep store when they arrive.

In short, you cannot buy those weapons anymore therefore they wont be added to the rep system....
Well, looking at the powers you can choose the only one related to the Borg is the rotating weapon frequencies, which makes Borg take longer to adapt. This applies to ground combat only.

So in other words, all of us who got this stuff before S7 have an unfair advantage over those who comes afterwards? Fun times. Not..

It's not just vs. Borg on that advantage, these weapons have the highest DPS of any space weapons I've seen anywhere in the game.

EDIT: I've never seen a fleet weapon, so maybe those are better.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 5
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
So I was looking through the store unlocks and various requisitions in the Omega reputation system and I noticed something is missing... all the space MK10-12 equipment, like deflectors, shields, engine, and most importantly, weapons. The set items are there. The ground equipment is there, but none of the non-set space equipment. Such as this item:

http://www.pkunk.net/images/screensh...3_17-04-52.png

So I guess anyone working with the new system just cannot get this high end gear? That seems grossly unfair to anyone who hits level 50 and starts grinding on Omega rep after the change. REALLY REALLY UNFAIR.

I'm on the 'don't care much' side of this fence, I have tons of this MK12 stuff. But I know if I were on the other side, I'd be screaming until blue in the face.

So is that intended? Am I just missing something? I'm only Tier 2 myself, but looking through the descriptions of the higher tiers, I don't see any mention of this gear.
The deflector, shield, & engines are all there from Mk X to XII (for Borg, Omega, and Maco). Not sure how your missing them. If your talking about the generic engines you got for salvage, it's unnecessary now that you can get a guaranteed set item(no relying on drops).

http://www.stowiki.org/Reputation_Sy...sk_Force_Omega



The weapons have been phased out because they were broken, however, the multitude of purple MK XI weapons that are saturating the exchange due to the fleet actions are just as powerful (because the Borg mod was broken, effectively making them Mk XI). You can get them extremely cheap.

The Romulan reputation system has Mk XII plasma weaponry for space, so that's an option. And of course there is the fleet weapons.


If anything, it's became easier to get good weapons. It only takes a few hundred thousand EC, which even a fresh 50 should easily be able to muster.

Last edited by xantris; 11-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10
# 6
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
The deflector, shield, & engines are all there from Mk X to XII (for Borg, Omega, and Maco). Not sure how your missing them. If your talking about the generic engines you got for salvage, it's unnecessary now that you can get a guaranteed set item(no relying on drops).

http://www.stowiki.org/Reputation_Sy...sk_Force_Omega



The weapons have been phased out because they were broken, however, the multitude of purple MK XI weapons that are saturating the exchange due to the fleet actions are just as powerful (because the Borg mod was broken, effectively making them Mk XI). You can get them extremely cheap.

The Romulan reputation system has Mk XII plasma weaponry for space, so that's an option. And of course there is the fleet weapons.


If anything, it's became easier to get good weapons. It only takes a few hundred thousand EC, which even a fresh 50 should easily be able to muster.
Well maybe. I don't have a romulan weapon to compare against, nor a fleet weapon. But on the market, the only things that have as good of DPS as the mk12's is a [Dmg]x2 Mk11.

But at least now I know there are alternatives, still sad to see the [Borg] weapons going byebye.

And yeah, I did say in my OP all the sets were there, it was the non-set items that're missing. I agree they weren't very useful (I never bought anything other than weapons.), just noticed they were gone.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 771
# 7
11-23-2012, 09:10 PM
If you do want assorted Mk10 purple gear, the old Battle Group/Task Force Omega store is still around (everything there costs dilithium).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 8
11-24-2012, 02:00 AM
It's all gone.

We found it out on tribble a while back:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=435211
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 PM.