Lieutenant
Hi, I'm currently looking into aquiring some Saurian Efficient Boffs. My question is: When is the efficient trait active? Do I have to assign them a station, or could I have like 20 Saurians all with efficient active at the same time as long as they are in the BOFF list?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Only when they're assigned to stations.
Lieutenant
# 3
11-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Are you sure? I haven't gotten them Saurians yet, but I just did a test where I removed a Human from a BOFF Station (Leadership) and at least the display in Ship stat Hullrepair-Rate stayed the same.

Edit: Hmm on the other hand, Subsystem Repair skill shows 20, no matter if I have a human on a station or not, but I have a total of 2 humans so if it would work when inanctive it should show 40... this brings me to the conclusion that the display of ship stats does not include boff traits at all (or Leadership is broken). The faulty display isn't surprising though, as e.g. values for crit chance are incorrect aswell...

Last edited by dichtbringer; 11-23-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichtbringer View Post
Are you sure? I haven't gotten them Saurians yet, but I just did a test where I removed a Human from a BOFF Station (Leadership) and at least the display in Ship stat Hullrepair-Rate stayed the same.

Edit: Hmm on the other hand, Subsystem Repair skill shows 20, no matter if I have a human on a station or not, but I have a total of 2 humans so if it would work when inanctive it should show 40... this brings me to the conclusion that the display of ship stats does not include boff traits at all (or Leadership is broken). The faulty display isn't surprising though, as e.g. values for crit chance are incorrect aswell...
Many BO Skills only show an effect during a mission... Space Skills don't show an effect when your on the Ground. 'Efficient' effects don't show up in Sector space, etc. etc...
Lieutenant
# 5
11-23-2012, 07:11 PM
I did all the tests on the SOL map as I'm aware of this problems, the ship status still doesn't appear to show BOFF traits, it does however seem to include the Captains traits.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-23-2012, 09:49 PM
It's possible leadership is just broken. Again. The game's got a few perennial bugs that come back every so often, and among them leadership is like this annoying purple flowering vine the previous homeowner left behind for me that somehow survived enough poison to kill a maple tree and stop my grass growing for three years.