Career Officer
# 11
11-24-2012, 11:43 AM
The only one I've ever used is Seduce.

I like it. It's nice to turn an enemy against his own guys and then kill him when he no longer serves a purpose.
Captain
# 12
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Wait, I must be missing something because I have an orion and I don't see any seduce active ability in my window tab

It is however listed under passives
Career Officer
# 13
11-24-2012, 12:02 PM
If we're talking about BOffs, the Leadership trait is broken, Efficient is rare AND trivial (I only have it on a Borg BO), and I don't have anyway to get the Veteran traits. On the ground, the Photonic MACO (which I don't own but have seen) has good traits. The Android can get by without an EV suit and its self-rez has pulled me back from situations where a respawn would be needed. The Jem'Hadar is also nice.

If we're talking about Captains, I hate choosing between ground and space. I think space traits are a bit more trivial but ground traits tend to be situational and trivial.

I'd really not shed a tear if they scrapped all existing traits and tied better versions of them into species rep systems, provided you start out maxed with your own species and custom aliens maybe get faster rep progression -- or a choice of free rep in the factions(s) of their choice -- as their core trait.
Captain
# 14
11-24-2012, 12:06 PM
hmm looks like my orion has "telekinetic", is that mandatory for orions?

I am guessing I was trying to pick telekinesis and threw seduce out the window aswell, probably intoxicated that night, great another wasted build

Funny I never even cared or noticed until this here convo, guess it goes to show how little those traits matter
Captain
# 15
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Seduce is grand....

"So you're attacking me? Well now you're not. And now my Gorn Security Guard is ripping your face off. And there's nothing you can do about it."

"Sucks to be you."
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Captain
# 16
11-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Just checked it now, looks like I chose some more dps instead of seduce. However I just noticed it has a 2 min recharge time so meh anyway.
What's the gorn bite at? 15 seconds?

Also odd, I am looking over the trait list in the character creator for an orion and I don't see telekinetic anywhere, yet my orion has it, guess it comes mandatory with the class?

Anyway yeah I screwed up all my characters so why should the orion be any different, just goes to show how easy sto is and I don't even know if I'd respec at this point
Captain
# 17
11-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Sadly the borg adapt to it..

You can see if when you have one of the little 'apadted to' stamped on your status, this case, 'adapted to TOXINS' >.>. .....
They adapt to the DOT aspect, but if you Exploit with your bite the kinetic damage right up front can easily reach hundreds so I don't find this much of a drawback. Borg don't adapt to your teeth. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, to start, it appears that I didn't give Bite the love it deserved. I have a Gorn with Bite, and I wasn't impressed with it, but I will give it a second look. Sucks that Borg can adapt to the toxic damage though.
Use it on an Exposed enemy and you'll be impressed. Same way with sniper rifles and beam rifles. The secondary attack on those weapons is pretty underwhelming until you hit somebody who's Exposed and take them out with one shot.
Captain
# 18
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
But are you sure Orion males can use Seduce?

I didn't forget Pacification though, that ability is only on Betazoid BOFFs, not characters.

That all aside, Letheans could use some love of some kind, they don't have any ships or costumes unique to them. I don't think Ferasans do either.
-100% sure male orions can seduce people (players and Boffs can get it)
My orion Eng uses my the seduce... wait... weapon malfunction combo on elite tactical drones , the animation is kinda like he is performing a magic trick or hypnotism >.>' kinda wanted a man blowing a kiss for lulz XD

- I'm pretty sure betazoids can get it as an activatable trait, because i was all upset that my first toon - male betazoid sci, was lacking a power/skill to mess with :p EDIT: after checking sto wiki, it appears i am wrong

-Yeah.. letheans are unloved.. hence my one having that accident , what i would have LOVED would be a hood. makes you look sinster and hides that face only a mother could love hehe.. plus you dont even get kill accolades for letheans if memory serves, you do nausicans/orions and all the other KDF Mob enemies.. leatheans dont have costume pieces or ships too *sigh* even species in the kdf arn't fully fleshed out 2years down the line

Last edited by elandarksky; 11-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Captain
# 19
11-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Having a couple of race-only specific abilities is OK considering, but forcing someone to have an ability is not.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-24-2012, 03:08 PM
My male Orion character has the Seduce trait. It's not exclusive to females.