Captain
# 1 we need a Kill Wall page...
11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
a "Kill Wall" since we can't put "kill markers" on our ships-something where we can put up the number of new, shyny paystore/lockbox ships we take out using only the F2P ships in the KDF inventory.

Markers for;

Oddyssey
Vesta
Steamrunner
Fleet Defiant
D'Kyr
Bugship (Jem'hadar attack ship)
Atrox
Armitage

etc.

The restriction would be that you can't use a C store ship to do it, it has to be witnessed (Logs are fine).

The Feds get ships all the time, yet those don't make them better players. Maybe reinforcing that will help cool the frustration in the KDF community by showing that, no matter how OP the toys get on that side, we're still better at this than they are, and we should not begrudge the Developers trying (in futility) to improve them with crutches and toys.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-21-2012, 08:00 PM
can you also count using Fleet ships as you CAN purchase Fleet Ship Modules on the exchange thereby making them free to play ships also

and sure I will bust out my B'rel retrofit or Vo'Quv Carrier both are F2P with nothing more than equipment aquired through my fleets store or STF's, no pay to win consoles, no tricks, no gimicks just pure unadulterated brute force...

but if I roll out to play on my Science Vesta then you can bet your Bloodwine that I'm going to have
"tricks-a-plenty".... and I will take on all comers with it and get my butt kicked... its a game right ?
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will

Last edited by andoriansrus; 11-21-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
can you also count using Fleet ships as you CAN purchase Fleet Ship Modules on the exchange thereby making them free to play ships also

and sure I will bust out my B'rel retrofit or Vo'Quv Carrier both are F2P with nothing more than equipment aquired through my fleets store or STF's, no pay to win consoles, no tricks, no gimicks just pure unadulterated brute force...

but if I roll out to play on my Science Vesta then you can bet your Bloodwine that I'm going to have
"tricks-a-plenty".... and I will take on all comers with it and get my butt kicked... its a game right ?
works for me, Of course, it's LOADS easier in a Fleet ship hull, but then, we all knew that from the start.

unfortunately, I doubt we'll see a "Kill Wall" (at least, officially) any more than we'll see tracking of stats in PvP, PvP item drops, company organized tourneys and the like. Hell, they've TAKEN more maps from PvP than they've EVER added.
Captain
# 4
11-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Oh gods no; we'd run out of room in the trophy cabinet within a week!
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-22-2012, 08:01 PM
well then I could at least post verified kills of some of the federation toy ships I have run into.... like one persons Fleet Defiant retrofit, someone else's 1000day vet ship, Odyssey classes aplenty... Armatages... the fed toy p2w ships are easy targets for the expierienced KDF captain....

alternately if there is to be a kill board the feds need one too for proper representation when the cream of the Federation rises to the top and we start seeing GLORIOUS BATTLES.... the likes of which are sung about in the Great Hall...
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 6
11-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
a "Kill Wall" since we can't put "kill markers" on our ships-something where we can put up the number of new, shyny paystore/lockbox ships we take out using only the F2P ships in the KDF inventory.

Markers for;

Oddyssey
Vesta
Steamrunner
Fleet Defiant
D'Kyr
Bugship (Jem'hadar attack ship)
Atrox
Armitage

etc.

The restriction would be that you can't use a C store ship to do it, it has to be witnessed (Logs are fine).

The Feds get ships all the time, yet those don't make them better players. Maybe reinforcing that will help cool the frustration in the KDF community by showing that, no matter how OP the toys get on that side, we're still better at this than they are, and we should not begrudge the Developers trying (in futility) to improve them with crutches and toys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lspv...g&feature=plcp Jemmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CVM...8&feature=plcp Recluse

Although none of this proves anything really. Still there's some humor value and lessons in those videos somewhere.

And don't be mean to feds. If it wasn't for them we'd be stuck doing what we all had to do at launch, and do KvK till we reached top rank.

Ok be a little mean.

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 7
11-23-2012, 02:29 AM
After watching thissler's vids, I am unsure a single Kill Wall would be enough. Heck, might even need an entire estate to have sufficient space to accurately record them all.

And what's all this 'Be nice to the SpoonFeds" nonsense? And no, I did not misspell, 'Federation Player', rofl. As tlhIngans, we've always been the villains of the piece. Worf was an aberration. And he was forced to deny his nature and heritage due to being surrounded by weaklings. This is why he once loudly proclaimed, "I am not a Merry Man!". No one likes us. Not even the Devs. Just ask them, they'll tell you.

So since I am only seen as a part of the 'Ebil Doods' by the majority of the SpoonFeds, I am going to do everything I can to be the Ebilest of Ebil Doods. I must admit thissler's vids showed me some things which should apply quite nicely to flying a Vor'cha. Thanks for sharing, thissler. You have shown me the true power of the Dark Side. Much appreciated, My Master
The only 'must have' gear for any ship is a competent Captain.

HAIL (Disco) BA'AL!

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 11-23-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
11-23-2012, 08:29 AM
You're welcome! And being nice to feds, well think of it as being nice to sheep....

Not THAT kind of nice!

The kind of nice before you get your fleece and mutton chops!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Survivor of Remus
# 9
11-23-2012, 09:53 AM
I really like this idea. I would prefer a Cardassian neck bone necklace but the Kill Wall would do