Career Officer
Cryptic, how much longer til we get Private Queues back, so we can group with people we can depend and trust?

It's disappointing that the Public Queues are still full of these trolls who purposely do nothing in STFs but sit around (needing on all drops) or feign attacking (to give the appearance of "helping"). And when you run into one of these players, and leave, you end up being hit by the leaver penality for 1 hour.

So be nice we can have our Private Queues back and we can group with people we know will play honestly and give it their all.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Captain
# 2
11-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Heh, I got the insane idea of going for the optional on rebecca pug today.

Call me elitist or whatever for quitting when the op is gone but that's the point I am at now.
I don't get paid enough to carry people who don't belong there.

But not being able to queue doesn't serve me and it doesn't serve them either, they ruin it for me and I ruin it for them. We both waste time and get zero out of it.
Captain
# 3
11-24-2012, 01:57 AM
I find that doing Defera is a relaxing, if uncomfortable (due to being far from my usual base at New Romulus), alternative to carrying people like that through. I was even forced to do so yesterday when a KAGE (yes, a KAGE run. HOW DO PEOPLE SCREW THAT UP!?) run went terribly wrong.

But yeah, I won't do another STF until private queues get back up. Not one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Rihannsu
# 4
11-24-2012, 03:02 AM
You do know you can still get 5 people in a team and queue as team to choose who you play STF with? You don't need a private queue.
Career Officer
# 5
11-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
You do know you can still get 5 people in a team and queue as team to choose who you play STF with? You don't need a private queue.
Correct, just team up 5 and then join team, as long as your team members remember to hit engage there should be no problem.

But with no private Queues there is no way to do 1v1s, my fleet members are always asking to test their ships against me as I run the Advanced Engineering Group Sub Division of SRS and atm we just can't.

Cheers
Matt
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Cryptic, how about removing the leaver penalty temporarily while the private queues are down? You should be able to hot patch that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Why can't you guys just use the EliteSTF channel?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Captain
# 8
11-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
We do. Doesn't make a difference.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 9
11-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
Like said above, we do.

Activity in that channel has dropped to near zero with Season 7, and rarely can you find a group when you need it. Else I for one wouldn't be even thinking of doing Public Queues.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 10
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Cryptic rubs its collective hands in satisfaction at its dastardly plan to give the finger to the STFers after being forced to reinstate dilithium into them.
----