Captain
# 1 Carrier Captain
12-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I am an engineer who prefers to run carriers

I am going to buy a respec token as i feel my science powers suck

My main 2 powers are power draining via polaron weapons plasmonic leach and boff skills(power siphon tykens rift)

I also use gravity well 3 alot too... i tend to switch between the two setups depending on whats needed

If someone could tell me what i need to spec into to make these powers powerful that would be great

If anyone had some sort of chart showing what skill effects which ability that would be great also

I would be grateful for the help thanks
Career Officer
# 2
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
STOWiki has an excellent skill planner.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-12-2012, 04:54 PM
First and foremost: Flow Capacitors! It's a level 1 skill, so it is cheap to max out and directly affects how much power you drain. Add in a Mk XII purple Flow Capacitor console, and you will drain them dry!

Graviton Projectors help your Grav Well, but is a tier 3 skill, thus more expensive to boost. Particle Generators will increase the damage of the Grav Well, but that's about it for this build.

As a carrier pilot you may consider one hangar of Advanced Drain Drones, too.

Recommend boosting your Auxiliary skills and general power skills, as the higher your AUX is, the more you will drain.
Captain
# 4 :)
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for quick reply from what I had read those were the ones I thought needed filling

As for dragging other points from skills not used doe anybody know if removing points from star ship manoeuvres will effect my attack pattern beta use

I don't think it will because of attack patterns skill however at the end of starship Maneuvres it says tac captains wil be able to train attack pattern beta 3

Also is there much point in putting point into hull armor reinforcements as the way I see it in pvp I don't get hit with many torpedoes or mines and in pve the Borg will one shot you for 300k so doesn't really matter what bonus you have am I right here or not

Again thanks for quick reply and help is much appreciated.

**edit my primary ship is the karfi my hull sucks anyway so again can't really c the armour one being any use