Captain
The Tholians seem to have a new debuff- Tetryon Beam Fire At Will. It has a little triangle icon with a single beam icon inside, and it applies as a debuff, knocking a single subsystem (usually weapons, but not always) completely offline for 15 seconds, and applies separately from Beam Target Subsystems, which applies an energy drain and can possibly even disable a system, and has its own unique icon.

This debuff is only applied by the tholian capships- named or otherwise (the Tarantulas in Vault Ensnared are particularly debuff happy with it), and it's really annoying because the only way to clear it is to pop miracle worker.

Now, this is obviously very different in performance from the player available beam fire at will- and I'm rather confused as to why.
Captain
# 2
11-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Bort said it's a special power for them and it's intentional.

In my experience it's cleared the same way as any sub offline, with the appropriate battery or EPTX. Are you finding that this is not the case?
Career Officer
# 3
11-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Bort said it's a special power for them and it's intentional.

In my experience it's cleared the same way as any sub offline, with the appropriate battery or EPTX. Are you finding that this is not the case?
Sadly, no. If I pop an RMC, it certainly wont clear weps. It seems that weps go offline, no matter what. Very annoying.
Captain
# 4
11-29-2012, 11:54 AM
The sub offline I cleared with a battery may very well have been a standard phased tet proc. I'll look more closely next time I'm in game.
Captain
# 5
11-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Engineering Team clears it for me, which I think is intended, as Engineering Team "instantly repairs subsystem damage and engineering debuffs for the duration" according to STO Wiki.