Republic Veteran
# 1 FPS Slowdown Since S7 Launch
11-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Okay, so initially, I just thought it was New Romulus, but I have noticed that in everywhere else in game, I am getting around 10 fps less than I usually do since the launch of Season 7.

I have seen this mentioned in the forums among others' myriad of crashing issues, etc since the launch of the season as well.

Please fix whatever you broke, Cryptic!!! Thanks.

I also would like to know if anyone else has this and could elaborate their issue, too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Try setting your video memory manually in the video settings. Fixed mine better than before.
Commander
# 3
11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Try turning bloom off or to low

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Republic Veteran
# 4
11-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Strangely, clicking off shadow occlusion or whatever seemed to give me like 30 fps without much of a visual difference at all.. more than playable now, but I suspect they really messed something up graphically in S7... don't have a clue how.
Ensign
# 5
11-25-2012, 04:56 AM
Posting this here since I can't create new threads yet.

I'm using an nvidia card and am getting stuttering like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aEF5pYs6TY

I'm told this is an old problem with the STO engine that can be fixed by either rolling back to very old drivers, or changing the pre-rendered frames setting to 0, which you can't do in the new drivers anymore.

Is there another fix/workaround? I tried setting it to 1 but it hasn't helped all that much if at all.