Commander
# 1 Elite Fleet Space Weapons
11-24-2012, 09:27 PM
My fleet will be beginning the push to Tier 5 soon. To inform our decision on which category to push to tier 5 I have a few questions for the devs as to what to expect from the tier 5 engineering elite fleet space weapons.

1. Elite fleet space weapons are still in Tier 5 Engineering, and the text on the gui for the has been removed in error, correct?

2. Assuming they are still in the game are they going to be available in all energy damage types or restricted to just phaser like the elite ground weapons were?

Given the cost of purchasing purple mk xii energy damage consoles I hope you will make them available for all damage types, especially given that most people do not use phasers and therefor won't have the consoles for that damage type.

Either way if we can get an answer to these 2 questions you can avoid allot of the disappointment and anger that came from the phaser only surprise of elite ground weapons.
Captain
# 2
11-24-2012, 09:37 PM
I made sure I had 5 26.2 consoles per character
After looking at the same thing

I think I know what elite space weapons will
Be........ Phasers just like ground weapons

I hope I'm wrong but I prepared for the worst
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Hmm, well, first, congrats on getting to that point to look at going towards tier 5. I'd guess you have tier 4 across the board on your SB?

Honestly though, something else to worry about isnt' so much the energy type restriction, but also possibly weapon type restrictions. It may be we might only see turrets, DCs, SCs, and beam arrays potentially, along with only torpedo launchers for photons and quantums only.

Could be wrong of course, but something to keep in mind. There could be one heck of a disappointing end to all this at the long long road to tier 5 to find very little.

Though the same could be said for the other two areas.

Commander
# 4
11-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I made sure I had 5 26.2 consoles per character
After looking at the same thing

I think I know what elite space weapons will
Be........ Phasers just like ground weapons

I hope I'm wrong but I prepared for the worst
Yeah XI blue consoles aren't so bad, but dropping down from 5 purple xii consoles (30%) to 5 xi blues would be a big dps drop off, and almost certainly make the elite weapons not worth using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Hmm, well, first, congrats on getting to that point to look at going towards tier 5. I'd guess you have tier 4 across the board on your SB?

Honestly though, something else to worry about isnt' so much the energy type restriction, but also possibly weapon type restrictions. It may be we might only see turrets, DCs, SCs, and beam arrays potentially, along with only torpedo launchers for photons and quantums only.

Could be wrong of course, but something to keep in mind. There could be one heck of a disappointing end to all this at the long long road to tier 5 to find very little.

Though the same could be said for the other two areas.
Thanks, we have Tier 4 Engineering done, tier 4 starbase upgrade finishes and the shipyard starts tomorrow.

Thats a good point, hadn't even considered weapon type restrictions on top of energy type. Hopefully someone will respond and give us some details as to what to expect. Atleast with the tier 5 shipyard we know exactly what to expect so there will be no disappointment.

Last edited by john98837; 11-25-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
11-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I was extremely disappointed I couldn't get Elite Fleet Dual Pistols for my Fed Tac.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I was too about the limited weapon selection on elite gear. Best to bring that thought up now though, even if we might forget it in 3 months.

Commander
# 7
11-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Perhaps they just put it off for sometime in the future when people are nearing the point of getting them, then they were all like, oh, someone is there, maybe we should work on that now. Nah we're still busy with blank. Okay then when will we finish starbases? I-I don't know.

Why do I feel this is going to turn into another "it's not a priority we'll finish it whenever" thing? Surely they did not set out to restrict choices after all the trouble they went through with starbases. It seems like anything else in this game that gets put on the backburner. So like what was the point of starbases if they will remain in this state? Did the profits stop rolling in due to most fleets grinding to a halt so they turned their attention elsewhere? I sure hope it's not going to become another KDF situation. They're probably more concerned getting casual players to tier 5 so they can sell ship modules.

I haven't been around long enough to earn the right to say this, but everyone that has been I am certain would say, status quo as usual for Cryptic.
Captain
# 8
11-25-2012, 01:58 PM
The Elite ground weapons didn't add anything revolutionary like a 5th modifier (I had expected a 5th modifier). Its not likely space weapons will be any different.

Swapping one of the [Dmg] mods for a rare change of minor shield heal was not, in my opinion, worthy of being called Elite, or representative of the two more tiers of starbase development needed to buy them.
Commander
# 9
11-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Hopefully now that the weekend is over we can get some details on what to expect.
Commander
# 10
11-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Come on guys can't we get some simple answers here as to what to expect.