Career Officer
# 21
11-29-2012, 08:10 AM
If they have [dmg]x3 modifiers I'm not sure why anyone actually cares?
Rihannsu
# 22
11-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magniacapra View Post
If they have [dmg]x3 modifiers I'm not sure why anyone actually cares?
Following the same pattern as the ground weapons, they would presumably have [Dmg]x2, your choice of [Acc], [CrtD] or [CrtH] as with advanced weapons and a special unique proc that remains to be seen.

Unless that special proc turns out to be some kind of game-breaker, I certainly don't care.
Career Officer
# 23
11-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
1. The weapons have not been moved or removed that I'm aware of. I will check to see why they might be missing from the UI.

2. Only Phasers are available for the Federation and Disruptors are available for KDF. All the standard space weapon types (i.e. turrets, cannons, beams, etc.) are available.

These are intended to thematically represent the latest advancements in Fed and KDF technology. High end weapons for other energy types are intended to be available through other reward systems.

I expect we will probably add more rewards to the Fleet system at a later date, but it's too early to say whether or not the new rewards will include more damage types for Fleet Weapons.
If that is the case and the Elite equipment is supposed to be the very latest and best tech the UFP/KDF have produced. Why then, do they not come with ground and space unique visuals like the Omega, M.A.C.O. and Honor Guard have?
Career Officer
# 24
11-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
My fleet will be beginning the push to Tier 5 soon. To inform our decision on which category to push to tier 5 I have a few questions for the devs as to what to expect from the tier 5 engineering elite fleet space weapons.

1. Elite fleet space weapons are still in Tier 5 Engineering, and the text on the gui for the has been removed in error, correct?

2. Assuming they are still in the game are they going to be available in all energy damage types or restricted to just phaser like the elite ground weapons were?

Given the cost of purchasing purple mk xii energy damage consoles I hope you will make them available for all damage types, especially given that most people do not use phasers and therefor won't have the consoles for that damage type.

Either way if we can get an answer to these 2 questions you can avoid allot of the disappointment and anger that came from the phaser only surprise of elite ground weapons.
Most people don't use phaser? You're wrong about that.
Career Officer
# 25
11-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
If that is the case and the Elite equipment is supposed to be the very latest and best tech the UFP/KDF have produced. Why then, do they not come with ground and space unique visuals like the Omega, M.A.C.O. and Honor Guard have?
Are you talking about body armor and/or shields/engines/deflectors? Because I know the Elite Fleet ground weapons do have unique visuals.
Career Officer
# 26
11-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Well [dmg] modifers are the most useless ones in the game, having at least 1 makes them worse than purple mk xii's, so this whole notion of them being the most advanced weapons per faction can't be taken seriously by anyone.
Lieutenant
# 27
11-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Have using for one month on different account on different fleet, that have the elite fleet ground gear with the Phaser Pulse Assualt rifle.

They came with a good health/shield healing buff. Puls wave rifle give me with the fleet academy event killing the klingons with my tact buffs one shot kills.

With my older account of different fleet still using the adv fleet gear and antiproton pulse rifle. Those kills are still with buffs two shots kills.

And about the elite space guns that was in the begin when the season 6 started written in the Tiers. After few patches later the text was gone. Why I don't know, it was not written in the patch notes that it was removed.

only the DEv's can answer this . But they are to busy with the next patch I think thats overdue
Empire Veteran
# 28
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
By the way, Archon, can you look at the rest of the Starbase UI? There are one or two other areas missing, I believe in science somewhere, the text just up and left. I think tier 3 science is where it is.

Career Officer
# 29
11-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
Are you talking about body armor and/or shields/engines/deflectors? Because I know the Elite Fleet ground weapons do have unique visuals.
Oh I know, I have a wide beam phaser from the elite store. I meant the other elite equipment like you said.
The elite gear from the starbase is supposed to match or best the stf gear (as per devs statement), so they should also come with unique visuals to match as well...
Empire Veteran
# 30
11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Don't worry, the Elite Fleet Engines are also less useful then the advanced fleet engines.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.