Stfs? why? just pug INF S E once per character per day cause its the easist to get optional on and have more omega flakes than you need. The new stf done it once, looks alright problem is as i said above why do it, why do any other stf now than the one that is easiest and will nail it in one fell swoop for the next couple of days. Job done finished. Their PvP content is and always has been a joke. Now their PvE content has joined it. Congrats cryptic your game is now officially the worlds first MMO solos game.
Did Hive space yesterday on a PUG... a frigging nightmare. It is doable (we completed - 90 marks withouth the opts) but the rewards are definitely not worth the pain and the amount of regens you will need (i used over 10)
IMHO the mission needs a couple tweaks only. Namely STO needs to undo the "cheats" they used to 'roid the enemies this one:
- the spheres do more damage than the cubes, anyone noticed?. That just ain't right. Spheres should be like in ISE.
- We tried pulling a cube at a time but they all aggro at the same time. You can eventually pull 1 or 2 a time but it is way harder than it should be. Cubes should be aggroed only when shot at. Spheres, since escorting the cubes, should be aggroed when their assigned cube is aggroed.
- Uni ships are same as in invasion. no probs there. People just need to watch out for plasma bolts.
- The queen can be dealt with by kiting at 8-9 km. But it is unnecessarily long because of her "immortal" shield. Since we have seen no other ship with never-ending insta-regen shield, it feels like cheating. Just make her insta-regen a power with a long cooldown (say 60 sec).
- The rest is just a matter of strategy. From my experience pugging the opt should be doable with a good team. People will get better at this. But the points i just pointed out have a "baddies are cheating" feel that's very frustrating.
Eh I think its fine.
I went in there last night for the first time, and won with the optional, I died twice. I liked the fight with borg queen, i spent half that fight running away and the other half running at her.
The fight with the weapons was no joke, but just kill the regen spheres and they go down quick enough.
Hive space isn't bad if you plan it our right. I've done it a few times and the best tactic I've found was to pull each cube off to the side, and kill them one by one. Once you get that done, the other two guardians are cake. They are just weak versions of the red alert probes.
Granted I've only played this on my Engineer/Cruisers, but the standards 2 tac, 1 sci, and 1 eng should be plenty fine for kicking it's butt.
You mean it is not balanced for a team of 5 not so good players
Learn to play noob or stay out of ESTF
For the record, I am an experienced player who was working with 3 experienced fleet mates and one PUG. And it was my first time in that particular one. Would have had a full team from the fleet but he missed the window. I was also on my Science character, which wasn't my main. I really find it irritating when people assume you lack skill and call you out on it when you try to do something. Reminds me of this one guy I rezzed on Defera, only to get insulted for "Drawing aggro". I was getting those cortical nodes. Of course I will draw aggro.
So before you call Noob, ask what the circumstances were before writing off someone.
Originally Posted by Yang Xiao Long
At least you two have something that drives you. I've just always, gone with the flow, you know.
You can't do it because experienced and good players don't queue anymore for elite stfs, so you end up there with noobs not really knowing what to do and how to beat the Borg. I'm sorry but blame the devs for the changes about the STFs rewards. If the rewards remained the same, you'd see that this STF is a lot easier than you think with skilled players with you.
For the record, we did it with our fleet yesterday. First run, all optionals, wtf there's no dil, kthxbye STFs.
A pve for 5 people, after about 5 deaths each just to kill the guardians, the 2 weapons protecting the queen ammounted to about 25+deaths each person without a single successfull destruction of either of the 2 weapons.... To put it simply they have incorporated too many repair and tractor spheres along with too many probes protecting the weapons, not to mention the over abundant damage the 2 weapons inflict just themselves..... I got hit by a single plasma torpedo for easy 89,000dmg one hit kills from almost every weapon they defend themselves with. So devs you all must have really been hitting the crack pipe when you designed that mission for only 5!
Reputation system = running the space STFs over & over.
Then going to grind dilithium in "other" ways waiting for your reputation timers.
Why do Hive @ all? Ground or space? Just do the EZ STFs & move on.