Captain
# 61
11-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
The reward is fine for the work you have to do.
thats why I (and most people) play ISE for the same "reward" .
Commander
# 62
11-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
thats why I (and most people) play ISE for the same "reward" .
Yep, they should nerf the reward on ISE

Nah, just kidding. The rewards should stay the same for all STF's. If they nerf ISE or buff CSE than more people with low skills would try CSE.
Commander
# 63 Hive Onslaught
11-26-2012, 03:39 PM
People, for the love of anything that may be remotely holy, please, PLEASE take out the regeneration probes when they appear in the "Under the Guns" portion of the STF. It's as if people have never played a Red Alert before.

End of rant.

Thank you for your attention.
Captain
# 64
11-26-2012, 08:29 PM
What the so called experienced players forgot about is to get the tier 3 and tier 4 maco or omega uniform unlock you have to complete ALL optionals on elite, and that includes the hive onslaught.
Captain
# 65
11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
What the so called experienced players forgot about is to get the tier 3 and tier 4 maco or omega uniform unlock you have to complete ALL optionals on elite, and that includes the hive onslaught.
1) Its the VARIENT of the costume and at T5.
2) No, the unlock is based on the accolade that is unchanged, Hive does not count.
3) Its still the costume project, armor have the normal visuals so if anyone is wearing a Mk XII Omega Armor it will be the same as the Mk XII Omega costume, except it cannot be customized.
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
11-27-2012, 05:25 AM
Just did this two nights ago, first time out, on Elite. (No normal run version, prior.) Died only four times, didn't aggro far too much, but even still, had few problems, other than just dealing with the endurance of it all. Didn't het the optional, but meh, wasn't worried about that.

Call all that, what you will. Course I was used to the other STF space elites, and did the Birg invasion alerts so much, I got the 'This Far, No Fatrher' title, so... call it, what you will. I kinda actually prefer this one, over CSE. No pressure to worry about an NPC dying, that is for sure.

Plus, hearing the actual Borg Queen's voice... smexy. :p
Captain
# 67
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm looking for tactic walkthroughs how to get around the unimatrix instant kills. They just eat away my shields even though I got points in power insulator, shields emitter, shield systems etc (multiple toons with either borg or maco set)... I'm trying hard to figure out the best strategies to complete this STF but it doesn't help that I have to search through forum posts whining about it ...

The challenge is pretty awesome though, a good adrenaline rush trying to evade heavy plasma torps and spread. But I still need new tactics, I get one shotted all the time, end up with >1min respawn time.
STO is the BEST game ever and the players absolutely LOVE it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
the echo chamber that is this isolated PvP community is likely to do nothing but stir up additional ire among the small number of players that come here.
Survivor of Romulus
# 68
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
The Reward for beating this should be

You NEVER see a borg again
defeat them here and the Borg all over the cosmos should permanently (from your perspective) DIE
not one more borg EVER

then it would be worth dealing with
Career Officer
# 69
11-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Give Onslaught better rewards, it take way too much time and costs way too many resources to play. I only play it as a last resort for Marks. I do enjoy the regular, but there are even less rewards.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryandroid View Post
I agree, the STF is insane right now. However, I only believe they should increase the reward, not make it easier.

My reason for this is simple, the reputation rewards does make things easier. When everyone is buffed from getting to Tier 5, we might stand more of a chance. Then the increased reward will make sense - so those that have invested the time to get to Tier 5 will be able to more realistically go for the increased reward.

Either that, or as you say, nerf the insane Borg
Why should we wait till the Tier 5 ??? Getting directly to the point with my question : I have invested a great deal and rl money to get the highest available items (ships, shields, engines, hull, weapons, deflector, name it) in this game before Season 7 became online, to see it turned into useless materials. Do you think this is acceptable ? Before Season 7, I could easily take on the tactical cubes and go on till it was down, with the 2 fingers in the nose. Now it's more a hit and run, with the hope that those insane kills that borg have now. It's a pure rip off and that Mr. D. Stahl is becoming more and more the next Brian Shuster of the interweb : promising a lot, delivering nothing and stealing our money.