Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Ferengi Reputation idea
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
I know that at the moment nobody is quite happy with the newly implemented faction reputation systems that have been put in due to the long times the projects take, the amount of stuff they have to put in, and it generally becoming much harder to get things than it used to.

But it did give me an idea that some people might like: a Ferengi Reputation faction.

It could be a way for players to get the items and ships that you normally can purchase with Lobi crystals but instead you do projects and go through tiers to get them.

It also makes some sense lore-wise since they are a pretty non-aligned race to begin with. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would rather put in the time and instead of having to pay for lock boxes to get Lobi items.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Captain
# 2
11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Hmmm. Projects could run on GPL and Holographic Entertainers.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Hmmm. Projects could run on GPL and Holographic Entertainers.
That could work...
Ensign
# 4
11-23-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm really liking this idea! gives players other means of obtaining lobi & exclusive stuff. As long as there is still a little dilithium input to keep cryptic happy, this wll work
Commander
# 5
11-23-2012, 10:29 AM
First though in my head was AHAHAHAHA!
Second though was holly crap something to do with all that GPL.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Other than this I can see them expanding the reputation system like this:

For Federation players a Klingon reputation system that's meant to show your progress in reunification between the two sides. And for the Klingon players a Federation reputation system.

They could probably also shoehorn in a Deferi and a Cardassian system without too much trouble.
Career Officer
# 7
01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
A Ferengi reputation seems viable. Sort of. I feel that the romulan and reman we just got is kinda shoehorning it already. Those two species has never really been that much into befriending the FED in the first place. Klingon meeh, that reputation tree makes me think; again, what's up with this peaceloving handhelding blowlipping flowerpower stuff. The kitten says; "me's owns yoo". I want good oldschool FED vs. everyone else. May so be that the FED is the morally, ethical, shiny knights in white starships. At least let the rest of the galaxy be the sneaky, amoral testosteron-sniffing teethgrinders that OPPOSE the FED. This reputation thing has actually nothing to do with reputation afaik. It is a attempt to cover up a grinding system under a false flag. Nothing more. I believe this has been an attempt to have the players create their own personal stores where they can buy stuff. Imo a utterly, completely unnecessary beating around the bush to get to a couple of items. Most of them we'll never use anyway. -4hour entourages anyone?

A vulcan and andorian and saurian thing would in my opinion work much better.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.

Last edited by sandormen123; 01-02-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
This would be interesting.
I can finally use the latium. Right now, I have a pile collecting dust. All these worthless gold.
If PWE want to keep the Lobi a float by lockboxes and zen, then make this reputation give discount instead true Lobi item. If not, just Lobi items that aren't as great as the zen/lockboxes counter part.
You know how the Feringi are, they'll try to cheat out of you whenever possible.