Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
12-04-2012, 12:36 AM
As a note, any plasma build should really take a look at the Romulan consoles (available from the Embassy Shuttlebay). They're all science consoles so your options for them are limited to your layout, but even a single MKX one may be worthwhile.

IIRC, they come in two variants types, -threat generation and +threat generation.
-threat is about -60 threat, but +threat is like +120, which is hilarious.

Unfortunately you can't get the gamut of sci skills for just -threat, they're divided up between the two sets.

So like stealth, inertial dampers, and graviton generators for -threat, and everything else for +threat, IIRC.

But the real relevance of these is that for the plasma energy type they're basically extra tac consoles. They provide +8.4% increase to all plasma energy damage at mark X, +9.6 at mk XI, and +12.something at MKXII.

However the real gem is that if you use them with non plasma damage weapons, they add a +2.5% chance at a plasma proc, and this proc typically does a sizable amount of damage (I'm seeing 26 damage per second for 15 seconds as a minimum from the console, but it's tooltip is slightly... eh.

Basically, the console's +8.4% to plasma energy damage also applies to plasma fires. Such as the one granted by the console's energy proc. Between this and skills, I'm seeing an actual number of around 60 damage per second for 15 seconds from the proc.

Now, these consoles will boost the damage from romulan energy weapons- both the impact damage and the strength of their plasma fires, which is nice. That coupled with the disruptor proc to reduce hull resistance means you'll be eating through enemy hulls that much faster.

However if paying 20k dilithium for a plasma weapon with a disruptor proc isn't to your fancy, consider investing in the Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid weapons, available as a mission reward. These weapons are weird, but oh so worth it as an interim measure.

For one: They're disruptor weapons. They deal disruptor damage, but have a plasma proc. They're rare, and have no mods being one of those 'oddball' drops. They only come in dual heavy cannons or beam arrays.

That being said, despite not having listed mods, they do have +7.5 accuracy (an [acc] mod provides +10), and +10 critical severity, and I *think* they have an unlisted [dmg] mod).

Their plasma proc is fairly week, being listed as 11.4 dps/15s, but with a plasma console and skills, that'll bump up to around 30dps/15s. However as a disruptor base damage type weapon, they will *also* gain the romulan console plasma proc, gaining an additional chance to proc @ 2.5% chance for 56dps/15s base, and in space with skills and the console mod, that bumps up to around 70dps/15s.

While romulan weapons will never benefit from the double proc, Hybrids are definitely a solid stand in choice if you're looking to double up on your bonuses- and particularly if you're going to double up on romulan consoles.

That being said, I don't know if multiple romulan [pla] science consoles will provide separate proc chances (they should), but their +% damage will definitely stack, which is useful.

(and yes, +% plasma energy damage boosts torp plasma fires too. No idea if it'll affect your scorpion fighters, but w/e)
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-04-2012, 01:47 AM
i've been using the romulan plasma on my steamrunner and they work great. 3x DHC 1xDBB 3x turret (all are acc/dmg)
i hope the new romulan space set gives a bonus to the weapons. idk about the MK XII but from how the MK XI are working i can't wait for them.

Last edited by matchstick606; 12-04-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
12-04-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassguitar View Post
FYI Fleet Advanced Space Weapons have FOUR Mods. Three of them are (DMG) but the other is your choice. I can safely say that I have a full set of MK XII ACCx2 CritD and a full set of Fleet Mk XII ACC DMGx3 nad the fleet weapons outperform the others. Bear in mind I have Accurate as a trait (Alien Captain) so that is almost like having ACCx2 DMGx3, but I still find that the fleet weapons significantly increased my DPS over the ACCx2 CritD variety.

Just something to think about.

Also I am about an hour from unlocking the MK XI Romulan Space Weapons on my Orion Tac BoP Captain so I will update everyone on how they perform. (the Disprutor Proc of damage resistance combined with tac debuffs could turn out to be VERY NASTY!)
If its PVE then yeah they work find and they do more damage because they ultra rare compared to very rare, but when I post stuff I generally keep PVP in mind as well.

I really wish fleet weapons had more mod choices than a Dmg x3...
Career Officer
# 14
12-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post

As a note, any plasma build should really take a look at the Romulan consoles (available from the Embassy Shuttlebay). They're all science consoles so your options for them are limited to your layout, but even a single MKX one may be worthwhile.

<snip>

However the real gem is that if you use them with non plasma damage weapons, they add a +2.5% chance at a plasma proc, and this proc typically does a sizable amount of damage (I'm seeing 26 damage per second for 15 seconds as a minimum from the console, but it's tooltip is slightly... eh.
I assume that this will add a Plasma Proc to the Kinetic Cutting Beam?
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
Who knows, the beam is more a projectile torp weapon that shoots as a beam.
Career Officer
# 16
12-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Who knows, the beam is more a projectile torp weapon that shoots as a beam.
It DOES pick up Attack Pattern Beta as well as Tetryon Gilder (the OMEGA 2-pc bonus) so i think it's probably likely to pick up the plasma proc too.
Captain
# 17
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Unfortunately you can't get the gamut of sci skills for just -threat, they're divided up between the two sets.

So like stealth, inertial dampers, and graviton generators for -threat, and everything else for +threat, IIRC.
Ah, I was wondering if it was a bug that just affected my fleet. I take it yours has double entries for each console type as well? It seems like a bug with them reordering the consoles to be easier to find (was one big list on Tribble at first, instead of proc categories,) and they had it set to where the first half of the consoles on the list were -Threat and the bottom half were +Threat, but the reorder put the console types clumped together instead of half being on top and half being on the bottom.

The text tips need reworked too, as it seems that the hull proc ones listed as '+x Hull..' is actually a large plus to Hull Repair that lasts for a few seconds (very nice by the way, 75% to 95% in a second and just flicking down from 100% to 97% and back while taking a fair amount of Elite Cube fire)
Captain
# 18
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
FYI, the [Dmg] modifier adds to plasma proc damage.
Captain
# 19
12-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
Not only does it add a proc to the kinetic cutting beam (and one that I see proc fairly reliably), the proc it grants does about three times the damage compared to the proc a normal plasma weapon has, after benefiting from the console and your skills.

Also, and I've checked this, the console's plasma procs are uh... kinda artsy actually. They take into account the colour of the energy weapon firing them. Or rather, the colour of the damage type of the weapon, at least in the case of chronitons.

Thus, antiprotons, chronitons, and the KCB proc red plasma. Polarons proc purple plasma (which looks incredibly boss by the way). Tetryons proc blue... and so on and so forth.