Lieutenant
# 1 Parasites
11-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Something should be done about parasites in PvE. Lately there is more and more of them, just queue in and do absolutely nothing! They should be put out after two minutes of inactivity or even better, they should loose the full duration an get nothing and it should be mentions in the team chat! I've just done the Azure Rescue, we were only 4 and one guy did absolutely nothing and was the first out at the end, so he was there and just parasitize.

Next time, I will note their name and start denouncing them. Do the same! Maybe after a certain number of people denouncing them, they will get sanctions! Cut them off if PvE for 15 days!

Last edited by stephane2258; 11-25-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Maybe after x minutes of inactivity they can be booted out with a leavers penalty.
Lieutenant
# 3
11-25-2012, 08:35 AM
That would be a good start. But with that kind of people, it usually take more than that. So the penalty should go up, 1h, 3h, 6h, 1d, 3d, 7d, 2w, 1 month. It may seem extreme, but it take one bad player to ruin the PvE for the 4 others. It may get the offender to quit the game, but better lose 1 bad player than 4 good one!

Maybe it should not go up at each offense, someone could have gotten a phone call or something. And for the same reason, there should be an expiration, like after 3 month, one got forgotten.

Last edited by stephane2258; 11-25-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
Maybe after x minutes of inactivity they can be booted out with a leavers penalty.
Should be a trigger set to amount of damage dealt because someone could set up a macro and just have their ship fly in circles. I've seen macros like that in other games.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
Should be a trigger set to amount of damage dealt because someone could set up a macro and just have their ship fly in circles. I've seen macros like that in other games.
That wouldn't do much, either.
They would just make an occasional run on some random enemy and back off.

The best thing to do is wait them out.
Parasites don't want to make an effort and they don't like wasting too much time.
I've only encountered one recently and since the secondary mission was blown, we just quit.

That might be the only way to discourage it.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Simplest way.. is to put in a Vote-Kick system, where all the players in the match, can vote to kick someone who is leeching.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Been in one STF recently where two players sat and did nothing. (and one where a player turned up in a shuttle and spent most of the game re-spawning)

Vote kick is open to abuse.

Reward linked to damage dealt (or similar) should be used - do nothing = no reward
Captain
# 8
12-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Fun fact: NOT having a vote kick option is obviously open to abuse, too

I would prefer the kick option solution.
Career Officer
# 9
12-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Yea, they're really annoying. I will play devil's advocate though and say that in some cases it may be a dodgy internet connection or game server problems that give the appearance of being AFK. There are, however, many cases where you can't be mistaken - '[Local] Player@Player sits in the captain's chair' for example..

Not much you can do. Why should you take a penalty for leaving because of someone else? Apart from anything else, that jusr serves to free them up to look for another map. I just try to get on with it with the rest of the team and mark it up as a failed optional. As long as you are able to finish and get the basic rewards, then it's just about bearable enough to move on from. Still sucks though.

And any solution we could come up with will either (vote to kick) be far too open to abuse or (damage = reward) detrimental to good spirited team players who just happen to have lower dps. And kicking for lack of activity would mean that it would be possible for everyone to be kicked AND punished if for example the team stopped to talk tactics for too long.
Captain
# 10
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
A team kick vote would not be open to abuse is calibrated wisely.

Such as, when X team member is being a parasite, it would need all the other team members to vote yes to kick.

That way it would stop just one person from being a troll and abusing it.