Commander
# 1 Class Change
11-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Is It possible that the devs will introduce a way to change your characters class
My main character started as a tactical officer but honestly tactical is the worst class in my opinion.

I would glad fully buy a special token in the c-store to change class.
Captain
# 2
11-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Or just take yourself the 24 hours it takes to actually level a new one! gear is a problem now, agreed. But i think you found out about not just yesterday.

i think it would be too much work for the profit they would get out of it, if it was possible in the first place.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-25-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Commander
# 3
11-25-2012, 08:33 AM
And Lose all the gear, ships and officers I paid for?
I don't think so.
Captain
# 4
11-25-2012, 08:55 AM
hmm, i think you answered your question there. probably better for cryptic to just let you rebuy everything.
But a few questions on the side: why did you buy all that stuff for a character you apparently don't like? Or when did you find out that a tactical captain is not your favorite one. What kind of gear are we talking about, purple MKXII only stuff? Purple doffs worth millions?
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 5
11-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Where do I start?

I've been playing Star Trek Online for years now I played it before it went free to play My main character has lots of exclusive mission rewards, officers, and lobi crystal gear that I would have to pay a lot to get back
Not to mention my ranks on the reputation system, The diplomatic rank, duty officers, The Elite STF gear I'd have to give it all up.
Career Officer
# 6
11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by induperator View Post
I've been playing Star Trek Online for years now.
Then you should know the answer to your question, it is not currently possible to change class or race. Whether or not it will ever be available? That's anybody's guess.
A contract is a contract...(but only between Ferengi).
Captain
# 7
11-25-2012, 11:16 AM
So i take it then, you not liking the tactical class is a recent developement? Otherwise you would have startet to play different classes along the line i would asume.

I had a similar problem 2 weeks after i maxed my sci toon (nearly 2 years ago)...felt it to be weak, started a tac, which i now play more often than my other toons.

I never heard of an MMO that made class change possible, so i doubt STO will be the first to do so.
To be honest, you missed out to create other classes. You had time enough to find out that tactical is not your favorite and level another class. Sorry mate, but your problem seems to me 100% selfinflicted. I hope for you that feature becomes available someday...but it is highly doubtfull.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 8
11-25-2012, 02:35 PM
I started a while ago with an Engi. And guess what, I still love it more than my Tac. I don't really care about a class change, but I would enjoy the ability to change your traits. Personally I have one that I really really REALLY want to get rid of -.-. But that isn't possible either.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 9
11-26-2012, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't say Tac is the worst class maybe for you it doesn't fit well but not fot others as it is my main.you either need to rerole or start a new char.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 10
11-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by induperator View Post
tactical officer but honestly tactical is the worst class in my opinion.
Well that's a first.