Lt. Commander
Personally, I would LOVE to see Tim Burton get his hands on Star Wars with Johnny Depp playing every character in the movie.

Seriously though, I'd actually love to see Joss Wheden take over. I was also thinking J.J. Abrams, just to pull the douche away from the Star Trek franchise, but then it occurred to me that that wouldn't be fair to Star Wars fans.

I'm also a huge Chris Nolan fanatic, in fact, he might be my favorite director, but I can't really see him doing a space adventure that has the family friendliness of the original Star Wars. I think Brad Bird would also do an awesome job.

I also hear people say that Han Solo would be the most difficult to recast, what would you guy think about Aaron Eckhart(Thank you for smoking) playing the dark knight?
Rihannsu
# 2
11-03-2012, 07:30 AM
best case scenario is probably josh. i think he has the right stuff to make the right level of family entertainment but still keep the hardcore traditionalist happy.

worst case is Michael bay. working in a franchise where blowing up planets is a staple. he'd destroy the galaxy.

interesting but probably never going to happen is Christopher nolan. would make star wars dark and epic, but not disney.

have to say i am a JJ fan and he would do a great job, and is more suited to it than trek but doubt he will go there while he is doing trek, at least not yet.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Me. I should do it
But failing that, I reckon Mr Whedon would do a damn fine job of it. Heck, I think most of the names you mentioned would. As long as it isn't Mr Bay or a certain Mr Uwe Boll.

But forget casting Solo, what about Lando? Or Kyle Katarn?

Aside
Yes, I just noticed the typo in my sig. It's only been there since the new forums started *doh*
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Career Officer
# 4
11-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff484 View Post
Personally, I would LOVE to see Tim Burton get his hands on Star Wars with Johnny Depp playing every character in the movie.
Omigosh! Yes!
Darth Scissorhands

That'd be perfect for the dark side themes. When showing light side stuff, it'd be fun to have a totally different mood with a different director.
I miss my _.
Captain
# 5
11-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Yesterday, I read a Fandango news article where they listed J. J. Abrams as one of five people they think would do a good job.

So I got to thinking... How might the classic Star Wars trilogy have turned out if Mr. Abrams had been at the helm? Here's a picture of how a scene from The Empire Strikes Back might have looked...
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Captain
# 6
11-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
So I got to thinking... How might the classic Star Wars trilogy have turned out if Mr. Abrams had been at the helm? Here's a picture of how a scene from The Empire Strikes Back might have looked...
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! That is great...

Okay I laughed harder than I should have.

Seeing what he's done with Trek, I believe that J.J. is far better suited for Star Wars.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
Captain
# 8
11-03-2012, 10:04 AM
No doubt Mr. Abrams could do a good job. But I would hope and pray that he avoids the excessive use of lens flares he applied to his Star Trek movie. For one thing, things just aren't that shiny in the star Wars universe.

My bigger concern is not who will direct, but who will be cast in the leading roles. This will be Episode VII. Everyone from the classic trilogy is so old now. My concern is that they will try to recast classic trilogy characters rather than advance the timeline of the story to as many years after the Battle of Endor that there have been since Return of the Jedi came out.

The classic characters could be secondary characters going forward. and Episodes VII, VIII and IX would be a transitional period where the next generation of heroes and villains rise and the classic characters fade into the background of Star Wars history. I'd rather see that happen than them recasting the classic characters. That workd for a reboot, but not for an actual continuation. Hopefully any director worth his salt will feel the same way and insist on a script that pays tribute to the classic trilogy while offering something new.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Career Officer
# 9
11-03-2012, 10:21 AM
JJ Abrams....

That way both franchises will equally F@$#ED.
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Career Officer
# 10
11-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
No doubt Mr. Abrams could do a good job. But I would hope and pray that he avoids the excessive use of lens flares he applied to his Star Trek movie. For one thing, things just aren't that shiny in the star Wars universe.
Are you KIDDING? Lens flares are his trademark... his signature... And Star Trek was equally not-shiny before him... Considering the 3 most recent films, I actually think Star Wars is significantly MORE shiny than Star Trek ever was... Trust me... It would be glorious... Glowy.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos