Lt. Commander
First, this is a build in progress.....still working on funds for better weapons and consoles...

U.S.S. Carl Sagan - FSVR - Vice Admiral Nooxu

I'm unsure if I am using my "abilities" effectively.....

I really enjoy the Sci-attacks....like tyken's rift and gravity well.....so I want to retain and/or improve those things.... I see that I can probably drop my "projectile weapons" skills for something else as it's an all gun boat....

She seems to hold up fairly well most of the time, but occasionally I seem to draw all the attention of the cube and get insta-nuked....

So any input about adjustments is appreciated.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
02-05-2014, 07:39 AM
here is some of my ol skill builds there for PVE missions only hope there help

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ogueAlien_1510

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=roguecat_1510
ive found out that putting skill points in to weapon n torp Specialization does not help much ur better of getting the new tac consoles help a lot more then points spent there http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

hope ive been a bit of help sci powers are powered by aux power more power the better there work

think ill have to repost my new skill builds n ships when i have time
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedauwoo View Post
First, this is a build in progress.....still working on funds for better weapons and consoles...

I really enjoy the Sci-attacks....like tyken's rift and gravity well.....so I want to retain and/or improve those things.... I see that I can probably drop my "projectile weapons" skills for something else as it's an all gun boat....

She seems to hold up fairly well most of the time, but occasionally I seem to draw all the attention of the cube and get insta-nuked....

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ogueAlien_1510

If the tac consoles are for the torps I apologize jsut replace with the ones that affect energy weps.

Skills should just be a typical loadout minus the torp skills

This should survive alot and deal alot of damage.

Keep weapon and shields at about the same if not weapons a little higher only a little though

Have fun.

USS Titan

You know you want it.
Captain
# 4
02-05-2014, 08:02 AM
I'm curious about the Dyson science consoles. Do you perceive they are effective? I use a [CrewReg] and I *think* it's helping. Frankly, I'm considering using Boarding Party because of it

As a build-in-progress I think it looks decent to me.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 5
02-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedauwoo View Post

The Fleet Nova has a fine Tactical loadout, it works very well with kinetic based Science abilities such as Gravity Well. However, it does not have 3 or more Engineering bridge officer slots. As a result, it's very difficult to run this ship effectively with energy weapons. The Fleet Nova excels as a fine projectile based ship. I'd suggest something along these lines:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...xusuggestion_0

Duty officers are 1x Gravimetrics Scientist (Gravity Well aftershocks), 1x Tractor Beam Officer (Voth - Tractor Beam Repulsors converted from a push to a pull), and 3x Projectile Weapon Officers (Cooldown on torpedoes reduced). You will notice that all torpedoes on the build do high shield bypassing damage. Tractor Beam Repulsors, Gravity Well, and Tractor Beam also deal shield bypassing damage.

The Hargh'Peng Torpedo deals a moderate damage over time for 15 seconds before dealing a massive area of effect explosion. The Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo is the best siege weapon torpedo in the game. It deals high shield bypassing damage over time and may maintain a steady stream while the target is in fire arc. The Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher has a 33% chance to create Gravimetric Rifts. These rifts have their damage scaled on particle generators, which makes them the perfect weapon for kinetic based Science Vessels. When fully geared, these rifts deal massive shield bypassing damage to everything within 1km. The Omega Plasma Torpedo has a very high fire rate with a moderate damage over time. However, it has a moderate recharge after the ammunition is expended, which makes it a good rear weapon. Lastly, the Nukara Web Mines have their damage scaled on Auxiliary Power level, which makes them perfect for Science Vessels.

The setup doesn't need weapon power, which means it is safe to divert all power from weapons to maximize auxiliary. I personally use 15 Weapons, 55 Shields, 55 Engines, and 95 Auxiliary. The setup just has one energy weapons, a 360 degree fire arc beam array for use of Subsystem Targeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I'm curious about the Dyson science consoles. Do you perceive they are effective? I use a [CrewReg] and I *think* it's helping. Frankly, I'm considering using Boarding Party because of it

If you are using a Science Vessel I'd strongly suggest using the Adapted MACO set. The Adapted MACO two piece bonus gives +25% Torpedo Damage, +8.8 Auxiliary Power Levels, and automatically regenerates crew at a very high rate. The three piece bonus grants a major stealth bonus while not attacking. However, there are times where the two piece Adapted MACO works best paired with a standard MACO Resilient Shield rather than the Adapted MACO Covariant Shield. The three piece bonus is lost, but the standard MACO shield give +5% damage absorption and +10 all power levels when in combat.
--------------------------------------------------
Real join date: March 2012
PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)

Last edited by majortiraomega; 02-05-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Commander
# 6
02-05-2014, 08:53 AM
So here's a build which only requires Breen episode grinding.

As a sci in a sci ship, you'll never win the dps race but this build will at least help the team. Generally, transphaisics are more versatile and take no dilithium or marks to get. In addition, 2 piece breen set offers more of a buff to transphaics. The Aegis shield you already have will do fine, MACO or fleet elite would be best though. Switch out the gravity generators for particle generators for more damage. Run power levels at 15/70/15/70 and you'll do fine.

Don't worry about energy weapon damage, you're only running the dual beam up front for your subsystem targeting ability. When the transphasic cluster cooldown ends, hit evasive manuvers turn around, pop the torp, bring your bow back on target.

This build is more doable if you don't have the resources to get all the rep and fleet stuff in the above build. Then you can work on getting all those shineys.

Last edited by fatman592; 02-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-05-2014, 09:14 AM
this is wot i would do with with this ship if i got it now http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=help_1510
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 8
02-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatman592 View Post
So here's a build which only requires Breen episode grinding.

As a sci in a sci ship, you'll never win the dps race but this build will at least help the team. Generally, transphaisics are more versatile and take no dilithium or marks to get. In addition, 2 piece breen set offers more of a buff to transphaics. The Aegis shield you already have will do fine, MACO or fleet elite would be best though. Switch out the gravity generators for particle generators for more damage. Run power levels at 15/70/15/70 and you'll do fine.

Don't worry about energy weapon damage, you're only running the dual beam up front for your subsystem targeting ability. When the transphasic cluster cooldown ends, hit evasive manuvers turn around, pop the torp, bring your bow back on target.

This build is more doable if you don't have the resources to get all the rep and fleet stuff in the above build. Then you can work on getting all those shineys.
Running those two aft turrets and a dual beam bank at 15 weapon power is going to do next to no damage to targets. That effectively drops the player down to three weapon slots. He would be better off running an omni-directional beam array for the subsystem targeting while going with torpedoes/mines in the remaining slots. Transphasic aren't bad, but they are more suited for the Fleet Reconnaissance Science Vessel.

Also, two copies of Gravity Well is worthless, as the shared cooldown between two Gravity Wells is 45 seconds. Gravity Well I actually does 1/3rd of the damage of Gravity Well III, which actually makes your ship deal less overall damage by having two copies. The field generator also isn't going to help at all. Field Generators are useful in assisting ships with low shield capacities in their ability to shield tank. A Science Vessel already has at least 12,000 shields/facing; that's more than sufficient for high end shield tanking. As the console only adds +ShieldCap, it's not worth a console slot. It effectively drops his ship to a 9 console ship when the shields are down. The lack of Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field I is also going to severely limit the ship's ability to hull tank.
--------------------------------------------------
Real join date: March 2012
PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Quote:

ive got the one that adds proton dmg to stuff like viral matrix there not bad
Say No to ARK
Captain
# 10
02-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Quote:

Funny thing, people forget about the effect of crew regeneration/survivability, but I use a combination of the Jem'Hadar set and the Space nurse, which pretty much leaves my crew above 75% most of the time and seems to let me survive better.