Ensign
# 1 Dreadnought or guardian
09-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Hello
I wanted to know if this is a stupid plan.
I am looking to buy the dreadnought bundle mainly because I love the galaxy class, the venture skin, saucer sep, and the dreadnought cruiser.
Now comes the tricky part. Should I buy the bundle, upgrade the dreadnought to fleet ship and when delta rising hits upgrade the ship to t-5u.
Or should I wait and get the guardian stats and buy it after delta rising gets released.
I would be thankful for any input.
Let me know if my plan made any sense and is there any point.
I will let you know that English is not my first language, so go easy when you see some mistakes.
Career Officer
# 2
09-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Wait. Look at the forums. All of these silly post about buff the Galaxy. There is a reason behind it, the Galaxy is best a tanking, not damage. If Cryptic did their job there migh actually be a reason to tank now. I if you are not in a hurry I would wait until you have player some content of the new expansion.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Ensign
# 3
09-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Just wait - There are many unknown things, including the price of T6 ships, their fleet versions, what will be the requirements for the fleet T6, T6 Fleet stats and so much more. So keep your zen, farm a bit more and be ready for massive upgrading (spending) when Delta Rising Launch.
Career Officer
# 4
09-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Wait, it's not long now, I am hoping we can put the Venture skin and saucer sep on the Guardian too, in the meantime though here's a 16K Dread that's tanky too:

http://srs-fleet.net/html/16k_galaxy_dreadnought.html

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 5
09-20-2014, 07:17 AM
The difference between Guardian Class and a Fleet T5U Galaxy Dreadnought seem to be:

Guardian gets:
A 13th Boff ability at the Lt. Commander Rank - my guess will be Science as it has an Ambassador vibe to me.
An Intel Boff slot at Ensign, or possibly Lieutenant, replacing an existing Boff type.
A new slotable Console ability, but we do not know what it is yet.
Access to the 4 passive Buffs as you level.
Increased Hull Points as you advance from 50 to 60.
Access to an immediate Ship Trait at level 60.

Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought gets:
An 11th Engineering Console
+10% more Hull over the base.
+10% more Shield Modifier over the base.
Access to a Ship Trait that you have previously gotten from Delta Rep, etc.
The ship also comes with a Lance and a Cloak Console.
The ship can use Saucer Separation if you have the Console from a previous purchase and can benefit from Galaxy Console synergy if you have all the abilities.

I have no intention of trading in my Galaxy X for a Guardian. The additional Hull, Shields, and Console slot are equivalent to a 13th Boff ability, IMO. And since I will be doing the Delta Rep anyway, I am still going to get Ship Traits so I am not missing out on anything there.

Long story short, if you geek-out over flying a Galaxy Dreadnought then make yourself happy. If you are not PvPing you do not need to have the best of everything, anyway.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 6
09-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Actually, we do have a basic description of what the Guardian console does from the DR purchase page.

Quote:
Guardian Cruiser

A versatile Tier 6 starship capable of accomplishing almost any class of mission, the Guardian features a Particle Conversion Matrix universal console. It can use this device to absorb incoming energy damage through its shields, significantly reducing incoming damage. With the Particle Conversion Matrix, the Guardian Cruiser also gains a modest amount of bonus energy weapon damage each time it is struck by enemy fire.
A more detailed description and screenshots of it in action will probably come in the dev blog with it's stats.

Anyway, DR is just around the corner so I'd say just wait a bit longer. No sense rushing into anything before all the info is out.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 7
09-20-2014, 01:38 PM
STO just posted on the FB page that the write up on the Guardian and presumably the other T6 non Intell ships will arrive Monday
Career Officer
# 8
09-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The difference between Guardian Class and a Fleet T5U Galaxy Dreadnought seem to be:

Guardian gets:
A 13th Boff ability at the Lt. Commander Rank - my guess will be Science as it has an Ambassador vibe to me.
An Intel Boff slot at Ensign, or possibly Lieutenant, replacing an existing Boff type.
A new slotable Console ability, but we do not know what it is yet.
Access to an immediate Ship Trait at level 60.

Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought gets:
An 11th Engineering Console
+10% more Hull over the base.
+10% more Shield Modifier over the base.
Access to a Ship Trait that you have previously gotten from Delta Rep, etc.
The ship also comes with a Lance and a Cloak Console.
The ship can use Saucer Separation if you have the Console from a previous purchase and can benefit from Galaxy Console synergy if you have all the abilities.

I have no intention of trading in my Galaxy X for a Guardian. The additional Hull, Shields, and Console slot are equivalent to a 13th Boff ability, IMO. And since I will be doing the Delta Rep anyway, I am still going to get Ship Traits so I am not missing out on anything there.

Long story short, if you geek-out over flying a Galaxy Dreadnought then make yourself happy. If you are not PvPing you do not need to have the best of everything, anyway.
Thanks for that summary, looks pretty good for the old Gal

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Ensign
# 9
09-20-2014, 02:05 PM
We'll I will wait a week or two and then I will decide what to do.
A big thank you for everyone who replied.
P.S I think I will still choose the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Yesterday, 02:04 AM
Waiting is the best thing to do right now since DR is so close
Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!