Captain
# 1 Suggestion: Friendly Fire
11-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Posting this here since it's for both missions, PVE and PVP.

We've all had those situations where a bug turned a hostile probe into a friendly one thereby making it impossible to finish a mission.

We've all had STF missions where a newbie either didn't look at the chat or was simply so in the "zone" doing the wrong thing that you'd want to shoot him simply to wake him/her up.

I'm order to provide for this we need the ability to target friendly units, a.k.a. 'friendly fire".

It would have to be a deliberate act like "right click, target this teammate"

In PVE it'd be nice if you got a message like "You were shot by a teammate, perhaps they're trying to tell you something. Check the team chat".

What do you think?
Captain
# 2
11-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Sure, provided dmg is seriously reduced
Captain
# 3
11-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Too much griefing potential. A new difficulty or a change to Elite Difficulty (STFs don't apply) where people need to watch their fire or kill other people. Killing too many people would make you into an enemy where killing you would give the team XP and a random drop from your inventory. So if you want to cause real problems, then make sure you don't have any unopened lockbox ships or you might lose it and be out millions of EC or a cool ship.
Commander
# 4
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I must say no. Idea itself is good, but even now I can imagine all those trolls which shot to other player at missions just because they can. It would only make more problems than solutions.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 5
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Quick answer to the op Nope.

This would cause one too many issues.
Captain
# 6
11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom43 View Post
Quick answer to the op Nope.

This would cause one too many issues.
But it'd fix many more issues.
Career Officer
# 7
11-25-2012, 02:34 PM
If people don't say 'hi' in team chat, in the first 60 seconds of any STF, they should be kicked and given the leavers penalty. Just a thought. I am so fed up of doing STFs and having them fail the optional and or take an hour to complete because some idiot doesn't like to watch the chat tab.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 8
11-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I understand the OP's intention here, but I'll have to fall in with the 'no' votes as well, for many of the reasons stated above-that it's a tool prone to abuse by people who like to abuse such things, and they do exist.
Career Officer
# 9
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
I understand the OP's intention here, but I'll have to fall in with the 'no' votes as well, for many of the reasons stated above-that it's a tool prone to abuse by people who like to abuse such things, and they do exist.
Maybe a no damage shot, but the message flies in like the OP suggested.

One time only.... Once player "3" is targeted he cannot be targeted again.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
# 10
11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
The targeting system would most likely Fud up in this kinda idea.Be cause it would target the players and not the npc that is where i am getting at.This would be a bad idea.