Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
So anyone who's done the reputation system for either branch has probably noticed that the store unlock missions are just stupid in their costs. I just got to tier 2 in both and want to unlock the special console and cutting beam... to do so requires 15,000 dil for each project. my question is why when we have to pay dil for the item to get it from the store after the unlock, most likely the same amount as is required for the unlock mission, do I have to pay its store dil cost plus marks and commodities and resources and still have to pay out again in dil just to get the item. idk if its just me having a problem with this or what but i don't think its right to charge the dil cost then turn around and charge again just to get the item. and quite honestly now its getting annoying. its getting to the point where you cant fire phasers without paying a dil cost for each one fired. season 7 should be renamed the dilithium annoyance. never mind the insane amount of marks it takes to unlock these items compared to the upgrade projects and repeatable xp assignments. i feel like the players just got screwed this season. great job cryptic!
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 20
# 2
11-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Hmm makes good business sense to me .... maybe all store owners out in the real world should adopt the same method. Get all the customers to pay so they can open a store, get them to pay for certain stock to be be put in place, then pay to buy th items. Its a win win win situation for the store owner pmsl
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,039
# 3
11-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Stuff like consoles and set items (assimilated, maco, omega, KHG, etc) are NOT store unlocks. When the project finishes, you claim the item right away.
@HyperLimited
Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 4
11-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Stuff like consoles and set items (assimilated, maco, omega, KHG, etc) are NOT store unlocks. When the project finishes, you claim the item right away.
I want to play the version you're playing, because on the one I'm playing there is a 15k dil cost fpr those items at mkX and I imagine a much higher cost for the higher levels.

If you want to be a shill for pwe at least get your facts straight.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,039
# 5
11-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
I want to play the version you're playing, because on the one I'm playing there is a 15k dil cost fpr those items at mkX and I imagine a much higher cost for the higher levels.

If you want to be a shill for pwe at least get your facts straight.
STORE UNLOCK projects do not require dilithium to complete, but they require dilithium to purchase the items you unlocked in the store.

REQUISITION projects require dilithium to complete, but when the project finishes you GET THE ITEM RIGHT AWAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE IT IN THE STORE. You already paid dilithium for it. The project window even says you get the item AS A REWARD FOR COMPLETION.

I'm doing the project for the cutting beam right now. I paid 15k dilithium for it. When it finishes, I will get my cutting beam as a reward for completing the project.
@HyperLimited
Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 6
11-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
I want to play the version you're playing, because on the one I'm playing there is a 15k dil cost fpr those items at mkX and I imagine a much higher cost for the higher levels.

If you want to be a shill for pwe at least get your facts straight.
If you're going to call someone a shill for PWE, first ensure that you have a working brain. hypl is correct - requisitions and store unlocks function differently. Store unlock projects don't cost dil (I assume it costs dil to them buy the stuff you've unlocked from the store, I haven't completed any yet), while requisition projects (which cost dil) give the item immediately when they complete.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 765
# 7
11-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
STORE UNLOCK projects do not require dilithium to complete, but they require dilithium to purchase the items you unlocked in the store.

REQUISITION projects require dilithium to complete, but when the project finishes you GET THE ITEM RIGHT AWAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE IT IN THE STORE. You already paid dilithium for it. The project window even says you get the item AS A REWARD FOR COMPLETION.

I'm doing the project for the cutting beam right now. I paid 15k dilithium for it. When it finishes, I will get my cutting beam as a reward for completing the project.
This is correct. Personally I'm waiting till the next patch to see what kind of cost adjustments happen before starting any equipment purchases. I am curious to see threads about how well that cutting beam works though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 8
11-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
STORE UNLOCK projects do not require dilithium to complete, but they require dilithium to purchase the items you unlocked in the store.

REQUISITION projects require dilithium to complete, but when the project finishes you GET THE ITEM RIGHT AWAY. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE IT IN THE STORE. You already paid dilithium for it. The project window even says you get the item AS A REWARD FOR COMPLETION.

I'm doing the project for the cutting beam right now. I paid 15k dilithium for it. When it finishes, I will get my cutting beam as a reward for completing the project.
The OP is talking about dil cost on items that there was a cost to unlock.

Youre not "completing a project", you're paying dilithum for an item AND having to wait for it after you already paid for the chance to buy it.

Last edited by recksracer; 11-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 9
11-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If you're going to call someone a shill for PWE, first ensure that you have a working brain. hypl is correct - requisitions and store unlocks function differently. Store unlock projects don't cost dil (I assume it costs dil to them buy the stuff you've unlocked from the store, I haven't completed any yet), while requisition projects (which cost dil) give the item immediately when they complete.
I have a working brain, are you unclear on the concept the paying for the chance to pay for something is being charged twice?

Feel free to mix in some insults, it makes you look tough on the interwebs.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,380
# 10
11-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
I have a working brain, are you unclear on the concept the paying for the chance to pay for something is being charged twice?

Feel free to mix in some insults, it makes you look tough on the interwebs.
So how is it any different than paying a yearly membership fee so you can shop at certain stores like Costco which provide items at supposedly cheaper prices? At least the Store Unlock doesn't cost dilithium and I assume the store items just require dilithium. I don't see any evidence of double charging. If the Store Unlock cost dilithium, then you would be correct in being charged twice. I prefer this method over having to wait 10 days to outfit my away team and myself with reputation weapons, wasting a project slot, and who knows how many Marks to gain.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 AM.