Career Officer
# 1 Leeches
11-25-2012, 10:57 PM
What is a Leech?

Since the dil shortage they are now a common occurance for the game. They are people who join STF's or borg alert ect. and just sit there waiting for others to do all the work so they can get their marks.

Now I am not going to argue semantics or small points. I am going to put forth a way how we can take a active role in this problem besides filling out tickets and HOPING something will be done.

I for one will bring action in any fleet that I belong to any member caught doing this.

I also am asking for Fleet leaders and senior officers to put there voice in here so they may be contacted also if a member in their fleet was a issue.

I will starting today be asking all my fleets to report issues to me and will send out notifications to the fleets that these leeches are in. Fleet leaders. It is your responsibly to make sure that your members represented your fleet in the manor you wish it to be.

I realize this will not solve the issue, and leaders, and admirals of fleets may be doing this as well. But sitting and doing nothing is as good as helping them do it.

So please contact me if you have seen this issue with one of the fleet members below.

Stonewall@lordharconan -

Fed
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet - 272 members and growing
Admiral of the Liquidators of the Divine Vault - 30 profit members and growing

KDF
Grand Nagus of the House of One - 50 STF warriors
General of the House of Omega - 100 warriors and growing
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Career Officer
# 2
11-25-2012, 11:00 PM
wow i saw this before season 7 from year one but now happy im not the only one now
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 3
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
What is a Leech?
AFK "warriors " ?
Yeah , nothing new sadly .
What is curious is that you are noticing them now .
Did you miss the surge when the game went F2P ?
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Republic Veteran
# 4
11-26-2012, 01:13 AM
We used to have a major problem with this in a competing MMO. Then they eventually added the Kick feature which allowed group members to vote out a member that was not doing their job. I hope Cryptic will soon implement the same measure.

I have come out publicly in ESD chat about one individual in particular that I have gotten stuck with 3 times and each time, he has several unhealed inuries, some critical, and all he does is just run around, aggroing Borg to attack us. Then, after he has gotten us killed a few times, he AFKs till we end up finishing the instance. He is just as much a troll as he is a leech. I have in fact reported him but of course I have no way to know if that had any effect. I guess if I end up with him again, I will know it didn't.

Sadly, even if fleet leaders and others did come together there is no way to prevent people like this from jumping in the que. Someone will eventually end up with them and they will have to deal with the problem. I know the idea may be to get them cast out from their current fleet, but again, I think that's a pointless venture. There are so many fleets out there desperate for members that some fleet leaders will overlook what one member may be doing with the hope that they will still give to fleet and embassy projects.

I think the only reasonable solution is to hope Cryptic develops a Kick system that works well for these issues. I doubt there will be any abuse of the system. In the competing MMO, it worked VERY well and many players are happy to have the tool. It worked so well in fact most notorious AFKers stopped doing what they were doing, at least on the servers I played on.
# 5
11-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Hahah, if I tried that in the pug's I play with, we'd fail

I saw it maybe a handful of times while I've been here and I nearly only pug it.

Just report them and move on

/edit

ps. and a kick function is a very, very, very bad idea.
Captain
# 6
11-26-2012, 02:34 AM
When doing the Infected and seeing most go right instead of left as I do.I will tell them to go left I will sit there.This is after my ship has been disabled(killed).It annoys me that most don't know to go left first then right and this is normal.

I do exprience a lot of lag in the Cure for some reason.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 11-26-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Commander
# 7
11-26-2012, 02:38 AM
yeah we need kick option :/
Captain
# 8
11-26-2012, 02:40 AM
The possibilities to abuse a kick function have been severely limited in Season 7. There is nothing to gain anymore if a group of three people would decide to kick the other two players during or at the end of an STF. The optional lootbag is gone and the drops are all garbage. Everyone gets the same outcome from STFs and Fleetactions (except those with the ranking system).

I would appreciate if we could get a function to deal with these leechers, at least in PvE-Missions that reward marks/dilithium.
Rihannsu
# 9
11-26-2012, 03:05 AM
There is no benefit to running an STF with 4 people in it vs 5 people with one AFK. Therefore a kick feature can't actually benefit anyone. We don't need a griefer-bait like that just to satisfy some people's envy.

If someone else getting free rewards (when it doesn't even mean less for you) bothers you so much, you can always leave.
Career Officer
# 10
11-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
There is no benefit to running an STF with 4 people in it vs 5 people with one AFK. Therefore a kick feature can't actually benefit anyone. We don't need a griefer-bait like that just to satisfy some people's envy.

If someone else getting free rewards (when it doesn't even mean less for you) bothers you so much, you can always leave.
nah they just make it 10 time harder how about me and my 3 account go sit in your stf and let you do all the work think im going to start doing this since no one cares really
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.