Lieutenant
Enjoying the new S7 content and new Omega & Romulan items offered via the rep tab. However, I feel it important to report that the new Omega cutting beam and Console seem a bit misleading when it comes to the item description.

Just finished creating the 2nd borg cutting beam. Which cost me 15,000 dil along with 500 omega marks and a gob of expertise. Only to find out that you cannot have more then one of this item on your ship? Yet, the item description does not display that it is "unique" thus leading people to believe you could have more then one on your ship.

Now that all resources are in high demand, i think its unfair that we loose out on these resources. Is there any chace of making these items so that more can be equiped? Or turned in for a refund some how. Or at the very least marked correctly so others dont continue to purchase them under the impression they can be equiped multiple times?

I hope this message helps others save the resources if were planning to try and have more then one.

Thanks for reading, and any assistance.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-27-2012, 11:29 PM
I was also fooled, and wasted my hard earned resources.... sadface.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the warning.
Career Officer
# 4
11-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the warning, I now know not to bother with the new set.....
Captain
# 5
11-27-2012, 11:59 PM
For future reference, anything that is part of an item set is unique. But yeah, it should be listed on the item regardless.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-28-2012, 12:02 AM
And im prety sure every special weapon is unique anyway
You can only have 1 180 torpedo, 1 quad cannon, 1 cluster torp, Think the only one you can have more of is the vestas aux cannon and that can only be equiped on the vesta so......
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-28-2012, 02:38 AM
Why? It's a great weapon on its own. It can very well be used instead of a regular beam or turret.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
And im prety sure every special weapon is unique anyway
You can only have 1 180 torpedo, 1 quad cannon, 1 cluster torp, Think the only one you can have more of is the vestas aux cannon and that can only be equiped on the vesta so......
I have 2 cluster torps in my bank, and I've had friends say they're able to equip more than one cutting beam... however; I am not able to. Maybe it's a bug?

Is there anyone else who is able to equip more than one?
Career Officer
# 9
11-28-2012, 06:08 AM
This isn't as bad as the OP thinks: the KCB is really good on shuttles... just put your 2nd one on your default small ship.
Republic Veteran
# 10
11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I too have heard people saying they cannot equip more than one cutting beam to their ship. I haven't tried to make any so at least I didn't waste my time. Still, I do not see why you would want multiple cutting beams when it would significantly reduce your dps. From what I understand, they do little to no damage to shields.