Starfleet Veteran
So I noticed a bug in my mission, "In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1." On the fourth map, I use a planet as a reach marker. Apparently, the default radius has been reduced causing the reach marker to appear deep inside the planet and inaccessible. Last I checked, this isn't a property we can set which makes it using a planetary body as a reach marker an unattainable objective.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 2
11-21-2012, 10:22 PM
You can set/change the radius/size of a reach marker (I've done it many many times.) That said, since editing is still disabled on Holodeck, don't know if they changed its behaviour post S7.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 3
11-22-2012, 02:46 AM
When you say you used the planet as a reach marker, do you mean you placed a planet, then used a reach marker and adjusted its radius which has been reset in s7.

or did you somehow use the planet object itself as a reach marker, because im struggling to visualise what you mean by that.

if all reach markers have reset then that is a major problem. if its just the way you have set it up, then its probably a good idea to change it once the editor is back.

(keep in mind that many times if you complete the last objective while inside the reach markers field, you have to exit the reach marker circle and then re-enter it).

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-23-2012, 10:26 AM
A planet can actually be used as a reach marker directly. You can't set the radius of the marker, but the default radius was a standard size to trigger when a ship was at orbit distance. With the update, that radius has shrunk and is now inside the planet.

I haven't noticed a reduction in standard reach markers, just the ones associated with planetary bodies.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 11-23-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Captain
# 5
11-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
A planet can actually be used as a reach marker directly.

Really? It lets you choose the planet as the marker? I've never seen that option when I have a planet and a marker on a map together.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Give it a try on tribble. Place a planet on a map, add a reach objective to the story, and select the planet as the target. It works, or at least it used to. Now the radius for the trigger is to small.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 11-23-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Never new you could do that. I guess you learn something new every day. Shame its broken now.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
You can use the planet if it's one that you've placed yourself, like on a custom map.

If you're using a template map, you can't use the planets on it as a marker.

Please do let me know if you think the behavior for this has changed. We played through a lot of the Holodeck missions before we unlocked the Foundry (before we even put S7 on Holodeck), and we didn't encounter any we couldn't complete because of this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
You can use the planet if it's one that you've placed yourself, like on a custom map.

If you're using a template map, you can't use the planets on it as a marker.

Please do let me know if you think the behavior for this has changed. We played through a lot of the Holodeck missions before we unlocked the Foundry (before we even put S7 on Holodeck), and we didn't encounter any we couldn't complete because of this.
I think the relative obscurity of the feature means few have used it. (I thought everyone knew, but I guess not.) Most will just place a planet and than place their own reach marker. If you want to take a look, the 4th map of my mission, "In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1" uses the planet as the target of a reach marker objective. The objective shows on the mini-map but you can see it is now significantly smaller than the planet.

It's doesn't look to serious, just looks like a number got changed somewhere.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 11-26-2012 at 11:39 AM.