Lieutenant
Account support needs to be fixed! Here is a rundown of what happens with broken account support
1. I guess I will pay for STO, Oh no I have a problem!
2. Click on account support, oh? dead link??? on Account support????
3. Well I guess I won't pay for STO.

Here is a head line from PC Gamer 'Cryptic: Reviews "don't do a great justice" to MMOs. ' and ' Stahl said "plenty of MMOs" enacted "huge strides" since launching with detracting or beneficial effects. ' .

I would say bad account support doesn't do great justice to this game. Anyone in their right mind who reviewed an MMO and had problems with account support would knock off LOTS of points for bad account support, which is ridiculous because it is easy to fix!

There are two major problems with account support and that is buttons that don't go anywhere, there is one in the game under the help tab that takes everyone to a dead link, and there is another on the PW website in the help section that just times out. FIX IT! I shouldn't even have to ask this should be obvious you need a functioning account support AND a company website SHOULD NOT contain dead links it makes the website look unprofessional.

Breaking it down, every other patch is pointless until you have an accurate way to get paid for it. Fix Account Support.

Last edited by anomalousx; 11-25-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Commander
# 2
11-25-2012, 07:44 AM
this happens alot with PWE pages , but yes i would suggest a feature freeze to cryptic untill they can fix a good 75% of the currant bugs in STO that are very game and immersion breaking
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lieutenant
# 3
11-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I know there are lots of bugs that need to be fixed but I feel Account support is one of the most important because thats where the money comes from to pay people to fix the bugs.
Commander
# 4
11-25-2012, 07:49 AM
i think its important to remind you that most of that money doesnt go back into game develpoment at all.

if it did we would have a half decent game by now.
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lieutenant
# 5
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtiggy View Post
i think its important to remind you that most of that money doesnt go back into game develpoment at all.
Seriously? Do you have proof?
Lieutenant
# 6
11-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Can someone please delete grtiggy post? It is unproven slander that is counter productive to my thread.

Last edited by anomalousx; 11-26-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
11-26-2012, 08:02 AM
The people creating content for the game very likely don't work on the website or account support. It doesn't need to be one or the other, they can do both.
Joined August 2008
Lieutenant
# 8
11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
If that is the case then we can still have both, but I think account support is more important of the two. Do you agree?