Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
# 1 Fleet Formation
12-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I think the Fleet formation limitations should be removed because it make forming a fleet virtually impossible for some players. This might cause them to go to other games which only requires 2 player despite how long they played. The workaround is to create 4 more free 2 play accounts and then play them for 20 hours then form a fleet that way. Fleet limitation should be a minimum of 2 players despite how long they've played. Then the players can always recruite more if they want. that the logical course of action. Getting 5 players to get along in a team is about as difficult as training an 8 year old stubborn Siamese cat to use the litter pan rather then on you'r furniture that's the best way i can put it. When you try to form a fleet everyone in the team wants to be fleet leader for example in dog term everyone in the pack wants to be pack leader that's the best way i can describe it.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,330
# 2
12-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Thing is, a fleet with only 1 or 2 members won't achieve anything, starbase-wise. You need a certain number of people to be able to grind all the required resources in meaningful amounts of time.

Seriously, I know you want to do it on your own... but you will be much better off with joining an existing fleet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 3
12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Thing is, a fleet with only 1 or 2 members won't achieve anything, starbase-wise. You need a certain number of people to be able to grind all the required resources in meaningful amounts of time.
That's simply not true. Levi3 managed to get a T3 starbase, solo, back in October.

That's quite an achievement, I'd say.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 885
# 4
12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
The 5-person requirement is pointless anyway, since you can just get 4 people to help you and leave if you want a solo fleet.

Not everyone wants to be part of a fleet, and for a solo player setting up a one-man fleet does provide certain advantages, such as using the fleet bank for extra item storage. Not everything is about starbases.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,089
# 5
12-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
The 5-person requirement is pointless anyway, since you can just get 4 people to help you and leave if you want a solo fleet.

Not everyone wants to be part of a fleet, and for a solo player setting up a one-man fleet does provide certain advantages, such as using the fleet bank for extra item storage. Not everything is about starbases.
since inventory and bank space is a commodity cryptic wants to sell to people, why on earth would they make it easier for people to get extra bank space for free?
and the bank space is about all the "advantage" there is, besides maybe not getting ninja invited into fleets all the time.
yes it is pointless to get 5 random people for the signature to start a fleet, but then again it is hardly an effort if you pay them for it. Also you can just do it yourself with a little effort and 6 email accounts.
Go pro or go home
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 6
12-13-2012, 04:08 AM
pop into ESD and ask people to help

Worked for me and im about as well loved out there as the Flu
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 885
# 7
12-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
since inventory and bank space is a commodity cryptic wants to sell to people, why on earth would they make it easier for people to get extra bank space for free?
Because the requirement serves no purpose and frustrates players who want a fleet smaller than 5 people. I'm pretty sure nobody who really wanted cheap bank space changed their mind when asked to find 4 people willing to team up for 5 minutes on ESD.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 75
# 8
12-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
pop into ESD and ask people to help

Worked for me and im about as well loved out there as the Flu
That's not true, the flu slightly edges you out
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 PM.