Career Officer
# 1 Fighter DPS
11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Just wondering: can someone that knows (please, no irresponsible speculation) post some ballpark numbers for observed DPS for various hangar bays?

It'd be nice to be able to compare them to weapon DPS for people trying to choose a ship, etc. Thanks!
Career Officer
# 2
11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
Just wondering: can someone that knows (please, no irresponsible speculation) post some ballpark numbers for observed DPS for various hangar bays?

It'd be nice to be able to compare them to weapon DPS for people trying to choose a ship, etc. Thanks!

When I tested this, quite some time ago, it was against a single player character.

I performed tests with the player moving, and stationary but not attacking and not bothering to heal/buff themselves. (In other words a completely un-realistic situation)

I'll not bore you with the details, here are some really rough numbers on the two best performers:

1) Top DPS went to Peregrines (approx 1500 DPS) while the target was moving. When the target was stationary they performed about the same as Danubes. I suspect this is due to their AI forcing them to chase a moving target vs. constantly (and unnecessarily) flying around in circles vs. stationary targets.

2) 2nd DPS against a moving Target went to Danubes generally (approx 1k DPS). Some of the other shuttles were close, but due to their Hull points and Tractor beams I gave them second place. They actually did similar damage to peregrines vs. stationary targets because they don't zip around deliriously (and have beam arrays instead of cannons).

Some things to consider:

Danubes have a lot more hull and are a lot more survivable, as well as tractor beams - they also have a significantly longer CD.

Peregrines are a much faster re-cast (CD), and even when they die their warp core breaches can do a considerable amount of added damage over time on something like an STF.

The above DPS numbers are based on completely unrealistic tests, the DPS might be higher or lower and the numbers I generated were really just to see where the pets sit vs. each other.

So for STFs/PvE I would generally recommend the following:

1) Raw DPS = 2x Peregrine Hangars
2) Best Control & Resilience = 2x Danube Hangars
3) Combination of DPS and Control = 1 Peregrine & 1 Danube Hangar

For PvP...

For PvP pets are largely a joke for DPS.

They are annoying spam and most players hate them (really hate them) - and you might well become the primary target when using Danubes.

For PvP you might want to consider something, relatively, innocuous like the Shield Repair Shuttles.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-27-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
11-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks... are those DPS for 1 activation of the hangar, or for ALL the pets from one hangar? IE the 1500/1000 DPS is the max DPS from the hangar, or from launching one time?
Career Officer
# 4
11-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
Thanks... are those DPS for 1 activation of the hangar, or for ALL the pets from one hangar? IE the 1500/1000 DPS is the max DPS from the hangar, or from launching one time?
Those numbers were from having all possible pets out and ready before sending them to attack the target.

Career Officer
# 5
11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks. So, in general, it's fair to say that a hangar does at least as much DPS as a weapon slot most of the time? (not counting tac skills, etc)
Commander
# 6
11-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Been awhile since I posted. Good to be back...If you are using the Atrox like me, then I would go 2x Piregrines. I have found that I can out DPS just about any ship with my Tac DPS build. If you have the other carrier then you may want to go with a mix. Just my 2 cents.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 7
11-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Top DPS went to Peregrines
This.

Advanced (or Elite if your Fleet can get them) Peregrines are the way to go Fedside.

It should be noted though that the Klingon (Advanced) To'Duj and S'kul Fighters can both inflict considerably higher DPS than Peregrines. S'kuls due to their tendancy to ram the enemy, and To'Duj due to stacked Disruptor Procs. (Two full wings of To'Dujs plus a set of Disruptor weaponry on your Carrier can really ruin your target's day...)

When I tested Tholian Widow fighters and Caitian Stalker fighters they weren't as good as the others. I haven't ranked up enough in the Romulan Reputation system yet to test the higher tiers of "Scorpion Fighters", it's possible (though unlikely IMO) that they'll be on par with Peregrines.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Commander
# 8
11-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I found the difference between widow fighters and advanced peregrines to not be all that large. While the peregrines WILL deal more damage with their cannons+turrets than the widow fighters will with their beam arrays, almost all of the damage dealt by pets is through torpedoes (and both use quantums, so they'll deal similar damage with those).
Career Officer
# 9
11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
I found the difference between widow fighters and advanced peregrines to not be all that large. While the peregrines WILL deal more damage with their cannons+turrets than the widow fighters will with their beam arrays, almost all of the damage dealt by pets is through torpedoes (and both use quantums, so they'll deal similar damage with those).
And warp core breaches, lots and lots of warp core breeches.

Commander
# 10
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
And warp core breaches, lots and lots of warp core breeches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85t3aLQzTsI