Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit...
03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
I am still having issues staying alive, not so much in PVE, more in PVP... Would like some helpful boff setups that would help me live a little longer, so I can make use of the extra fire power I have from the ship...

Universal I have Transfer shields 1 and hazard emitters 2

tactical stations I have beam fire at will 1 + 2 and torp spread 3

also have tactical team 1

eng stations I have

eng team 1 ext shileds 2 reverse shield 2 and aux to structural int...

My other eng has Emg power to shileds 1 and 2...

anyone else have a better setup for this ship, so I can live a little longer?

Cheers Kirk!

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet

Last edited by kirkryder; 03-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Have you looked at the Hilbert Guide and STO Planner? The first in particular focuses on PVO builds and what you should/should not have, etc... Furthermore, the STO Planner will give you a sense of what other players are doing with this exact build. I would also join a chat room called /organizedpvp (or something similar). Lots of helpful folks with only one thing on their mind: PVP!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Career Officer
# 3
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM
There are a few options for you.

Aux2batt builds are quite tanky. Reduces cool down of everything.

I would use 2 tac teams or get the conn doffs purple to cycle just 1.

Swap the rsp2 for a rsp1 then the epts2 for epts3. If you're trying to tank then drop the extends for a 2nd RSP

Swap the HE and the TSS... TSS2 is much better and you don't lose much on the HE.

Also it's possible to lose the HY2 and use APD1,makes you tanky while dropping the tankiness of ppl shooting at you which opens them up for a counter strike. You could replace a torp with one that doesn't need a boff skill like transphasic cluster or harpeeng torps.

Becareful of using the engi team under fire. Your shields won't redistribute fast enough and provides no resists. Use the AuxSiF3 as your primary hull heal as it won't interfere with the tac teams and will give your hull excellent resists.

If you have more questions feel free to PM me in game @edalgo.

GL