Lieutenant
# 1 Change Duty Officer Uniforms?
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I have changed all of my Bridge officer uniforms to a standard design which is pretty cool, but I was wondering if I could set a standard uniform for my duty officers to wear? I know they can't be customized like the bridge officers, but I would at least like them to match uniforms with them.

Also, is there any way to access the off duty outfits for Bridge Officers?
Captain
# 2
11-26-2012, 06:22 PM
If you're referring to the DOffs you send off on assignments, then no, you cannot change their uniforms, as they merely exist as a bunch of stats and static portraits on what are essentially trading cards.

If you're talking about the random crewmen wandering in your ship interior, you can't change those, either. I did however ask for this feature in my ship interior proposal (see sig).

BOffs currently only have one costume slot for their duty uniforms, so you can't have alternate uniforms or off-duty outfit like your player toon. However, it'd be nice to have that feature, though.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Lieutenant
# 3
11-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok, I thought the random NPCs wandering around my ship were my duty officers, so yeah, that is what I was talking about.

Thanks for the info, at least I know to stop looking for the feature.

Now if I could only get off-duty outfits for my Bridge offciers.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Personally I'd love to have my doffs represented by the random crewman wondering my halls, if anything to get caitian crewmen (80% of my doffs are in fact caitian). Which I find interesting they are wondering the starbases but not the starships.

Also +1 to Boffs getting access to off-duty uniforms, I would love to see my bunker builder of assistant in the merc set.
Captain
# 5
11-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by focslain View Post
Also +1 to Boffs getting access to off-duty uniforms, I would love to see my bunker builder of assistant in the merc set.
Or, for that matter, extra BOff costume slots.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 6
11-27-2012, 07:49 AM
I would love to have 1 more slot for BOFF uniforms and ship uniforms for the NPC. Great idea
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91927165000&dateline=  1358817993
Ensign
# 7
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I think you guys are really misinterpreting what the original poster is saying as well as what is currently the state of the DOFF system.

I have talked with a Dev in game about this, and when they added the special assignments to the actual NPC's inside of our actual ship interiors, they did actually fix those personnel as the DOFF's which we are indeed sending on assignments weather we actually do visit the interiors to do so or not. So yes those people in our interiors are supposed to represent the DOFF's themselves. the problem is that the BOFF's, and the DOFF's aren't connected together, but they did actually intend them to be.

as of right now they are currently separated visually, because the system itself does not recognize the connection, there simply isn't yet a link between the two systems. this is already been decided that the new addition to the DOFF system will actually fix that, but they just haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. originally they wanted the first officer and department heads system to bridge the two together, but that wasn't possible in the deadlines which were necessary.
Survivor of Remus
# 8
11-27-2012, 09:37 AM
What is a bit ridiculous is that yesterday I was walking on the crew deck of my B'rel and I passed like 50 crew members... it's a B'rel. There can't be that many people on board
Lieutenant
# 9
11-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the info guys. That answered all my questions. Maybe it will be something they will add later in the game.
Captain
# 10
11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Just as an interesting note, there are actually a few people out there who have bugged boffs (in a good way) that actually have more than one costume slot. This was a result of a bug that occurred near the game's launch and only affected a small amount of people (I've been playing since beta and never had it happen to me).

So if you ever see a screenshot of someone with multiple costume slots for individual boffs, it's not a fake or hack, but it's not something you can get on purpose either.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----