Commander
If this has already been covered, please let me know. But I was wondering if the scorpion fighters are good? They look like they have the same stats as Peregrine fighters, only plasma damage and plasma torpedoes instead of phaser damage and quantums. And they are a bit cheaper on the dilithium cost. What are your opinions so far? Are they a good buy?

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 2
01-12-2013, 03:45 PM
People have been saying the elite scorpion fighters are better than the advanced peregrine fighters, but that is because they are at a higher level. The other scorpion fighters are debatable and you might not see much improvement over peregrine fighters. I would imagine that right now, elite scorpion fighters are the best hangar pet for dps, but that can change when fleets get to Tier 5 Science.
Commander
# 3
01-12-2013, 04:22 PM
The elite scorpion fighters are awesome.

I've seen heavy plasma torp from them crit for 20k+. 16k+ crits are not rare.
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 04:22 PM
The Scorpions are very nice. I've never made a comparison between Scorpions and Peregrines at the same level, but the very rare Scorpions were a huge improvement over my rare Peregrines, in speed, firepower, and durability, and the ultra rare ones are a similar degree of improvement over the very rare. Also note that the fact that they use plasma alone could represent a significant improvement, because of the plasma burn, which increases DPS and bleedthrough damage significantly. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchases.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
I tried the Rare and Very Rare scorps and ended up going back to the Delta Flyers once I got the Elite Scorpions I slotted them and never looked back.... cant wait to see what Tier 5 Science pets look like...
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 6
01-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Regular Scorpions, not worth it because they perform worse than Peregrines/To'duj. The energy weapons on these fighters are basically pointless, which means the bulk of their damage comes from torpedoes.... and Peregrines/To'duj shoot torpedoes faster.

Rare Scorpions, about as good as regular fighters, but why waste your dilithium because

Ultra-rare Scorpions, demolish everything in their path.

Save your dil, get the best, and don't look back.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Can confirm these are pretty good (my Carrier buddy has been testing them and he went to TOP of the damage table he usually places 3rd)
Captain
# 8
01-12-2013, 07:03 PM
The elite ones are probably OP to be perfectly honest.
Captain
# 9
01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
The elite ones are probably OP to be perfectly honest.
I assume that any hypothetical reduction in performance would come with a refund of some of the 70,000 dilithium it takes to outfit a carrier with them.
Captain
# 10
01-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I assume that any hypothetical reduction in performance would come with a refund of the 70,000 dilithium it takes to outfit a carrier with them.
You really have no clue how good they are in a properly fitted and flown ship do you? Even after a nerf they'd be worth every crystal. I doubt theyll be nerfed anyway, its a PvE issue and it doesnt really hurt anyone.