Rihannsu
# 1 Launcher Issues(CONTINUE)
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I am growing very impatient with the lack of concern on this issue that I and a few other people have brought up before and that is the Launcher, it works sometimes then it doesn't.

I got on at about 10am (East Coast American Time) the launcher worked perfectly, got off a few times, but I essentially have had no issues getting on and off the game launcher causing no issues. Then about 1:20pm (East Coast American Time) I was disconnected from the server, I tried to get back on and it wouldn't load up. Now about 10 minutes later it's finally allowing me to log in again. FIX this issue it's become an unacceptable, and constant AGGREVATION.
Ensign
# 2
11-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Not sure if we got same problem - but launcher is ok for me (i think) it gets to the loading screen - the one after the Cryptic Studios loading screen - were it says Loading at bottom then just seems to freeze and doesn't load. i know my PC can play this game as i have been online a few times with no problems but now yeah it just gets stuck? Anyone can help please would be much appreciated.
Ensign
# 3
11-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I have similar problems, if i do not run the launcher via proxy (as chosen in the options menu) the launcher wont ever finish connecting, until timed out. When the game starts, it has on occasions frozen on the cryptic logo, but mostly in wont connect to the account server, and then time out, on two occasions have i made it to the character selection menu, but from there it cant connect to the game server. I am getting tired of these issues, when i actually could play, about two days ago, i was constantly bothered with "server not responding" or connection lost, and i have high speed broadband so there is absolutely no issue with the connection. I am staggered by Cryptic's inability to address these issues.

It's not only connection problems, i am experiencing the same bugs in the Cardassian Struggles episodes like Second Wave and Boldly they Rode, that i'v encountered a year ago. With the amount of money Cryptic makes on their games you would thing they'd be actually willing to fix them. I am seriously concerned.

Last edited by scjeanlucpicard; 11-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Ensign
# 4
11-18-2012, 05:43 PM
fixed my problem i think - clicked options on the launcher and selected safe mode and worked 1st time, not sure if it help for yours
Ensign
# 5
11-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Did not work for me, the only way i can get past the cryptic logo without freezing the game is if i run it with the proxy option. I just re-installed the game, but the same problems are there.

Last edited by scjeanlucpicard; 11-19-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I would like to note today, the Launcher issue didn't get any better if anything it's gotten worse. I've been on my computer since 10am(East Coast American Time) it's 1:36pm(Same Time Zone) and I've multiple times attempted to get on and the Launcher refuses to Launch. It has been about 4 hours since I got on my PC and been unable to get on STO this is making me very angry. I will try to get on when I get home from work at 11pm(East Coast American time).

I HOPE that this ISSUE will be Resolved
Ensign
# 7
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
So after a third Re-install, and running with proxy (EU) on, the game loaded up, started, and was playable. Also stopped most of the "lost connection to server" messages during certain loading screens, as when loading a STF mission etc. That's the only advice i could give to the rest of you, and if it does not work, just keep pushing on with e-mails to Cryptic, maybe if you'r lucky they'l respond, but i cant say iv experienced that Ever with Cryptic.
Ensign
# 8
11-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Out of interest, can you guys try running a tracert to the Cryptic servers at 208.95.185.44 and post the results?
Captain
# 9
11-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Same story for me every time: I get to the starfleet logo loading screen, CRASH to desktop, then the Oops! error box pops up. I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying the files, safe mode, and I'm wondering what exactly proxy does. Are there any downsides to it? I'm really not familiar with a lot of this slightly more complicated computer stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Ensign
# 10
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Same story for me every time: I get to the starfleet logo loading screen, CRASH to desktop, then the Oops! error box pops up. I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying the files, safe mode, and I'm wondering what exactly proxy does. Are there any downsides to it? I'm really not familiar with a lot of this slightly more complicated computer stuff.
Not quite familiar with the proxy thing, but i think it makes the client think you are from another region, no downsides what so ever, as far as i have experienced. only upsides, no more connection timeout/loss. Generally more stability.