Lt. Commander
# 21
11-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Given up long ago, then Gozer said hes going to fix it but we all know how that went.
Noone.
Career Officer
# 22
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Given up long ago, then Gozer said hes going to fix it but we all know how that went.
He lied and decided to lick windows!
Commander
# 23
11-27-2012, 01:31 PM
It's Star Trek.

As crappy as the state in which PvP is in, I'm not sure if I can bare the thought of lightsabers, goblins, mechs, or rifles on my computer screen.

I like my starships. Always have. Always will.

From what I recollected from the bootcamp conference call was the limited help being provided to us. However, they want us to bring more players into PvP even knowing the current state in which it's in. I don't know if this is going to work, but it's something to do on the side I suppose. I also can't say it will be easy.
Career Officer
# 24
11-27-2012, 01:34 PM
In-game friends (even if you've mostly abandoned me for MWO ) and a hope that things will get better.

That said, I play more EVE now than STO, and doing so is making me appreciate just how broken and neglected things are in STO.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Commander
# 25
11-27-2012, 02:08 PM
There are a lot of people I like flying with and against.
Space: The Final Frontier.
Doffemon (appeals to my obsessive compulsiveness).
I remember how fun PvP and have high hopes for how fun it could be, if...
Alcohol and self loathing.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
However, they want us to bring more players into PvP even knowing the current state in which it's in.
Yeah, it's like if Ford tried to sell you a car, saying...

"yeah, we haven't got the brakes to work, the steering is a bit on and off, and we haven't installed seats yet, but give it a try and if you like it and drive it for a year, we may fix those things!"
Career Officer
# 27
11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
From an outsider perspective, I (now) really don't know why I stayed as long as I did to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naldoran View Post
That said, I play more EVE now
Holla!
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Commander
# 28
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post
Yeah, it's like if Ford tried to sell you a car, saying...

"yeah, we haven't got the brakes to work, the steering is a bit on and off, and we haven't installed seats yet, but give it a try and if you like it and drive it for a year, we may fix those things!"
Even worse, Ford is trying to get it's customers to sell that car...
Captain
# 29
11-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Too much invested time wise to leave it. <- I've been playing virtually since the game was released and it seems a waste to leave all that accumulated knowledge and items behind. My covariant Mk X cap x3 sits on my virtual mantle piece, reminding me of the old days before the dark times.

No other alternate out there. <- This is probably the main reason I'm sticking with STO. For all it's issues, I do like it's SFC inspired space combat. It's also one of the few games available that has a fully fleshed out ground and space combat system.

A majority of other MMOs just don't interest me due to most of them set in medieval fantasy worlds. SWTOR forgets the star wars bit of the Star Wars IP and I have never been interested in dark sith or Jedi outside of Luke and Vader. Eve meanwhile is too much like a second job. The only one that REALLY interested me is Secret Life... But that seems to have gotten mediocre reviews.

I certainly won't play a FPS, totally not my kind of game.

Friends in game. <- I wouldn't call people I meet in an MMO friends, but yeah people I know in game are pretty much the second reason I'm sticking to STO.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 11-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Ensign
# 30
11-27-2012, 05:28 PM
I came back for the PvP only to find out that the new owners have butchered it...