Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
11-27-2012, 08:13 AM
what would make me come back to pvp would be a couple of things since i stopped pvping as the p2w consoles started hitting the c-store(1.5 yrs ago).make separate pvp gear sets with a unique stat to make pve sets useless there(as an extension of this have ship powers have a different balance chart from pve so if a pvper cries for balance it wont ruin the pvers fun and vice versa).unequip all non native uni-consoles from builds when entering a match(and lock those consoles from being reslotted until match end) as to play ships the way they were meant to be played.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by mastergenera1; 11-27-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Captain
# 12
11-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Some interesting food for thought there. Let's hope the relevant powers that be take note of this type of thread and act upon it.

There is always some hope.

Ilhank, we may return if positive changes are made to PvP
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Empire Veteran
# 13
11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Maps, new, novel, maps.

New types of PvP over cap and hold and arena play, capture the bacon, Asset destruction, SOMETHING.

Open PvP zone with a story line driven by faction success.

Balance, balance and more fraggging BALANCE. I mean shinies are great and all but for craps sake every new shiney thing only makes it that much more difficult to balance. I flew in PvP for the first time since season 7 launched last night. I flew a Peghqu, I felt guilty and dirty when I was done. Maybe if I yank the transformers console I would not feel such a need to take a shower. Still even with the console gone is a raptor/bop with a BC and good turn rate. Did I mention balance?
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Space:
Removal of the PVE component/Grind in order to get PVP Gear and allowing PVP To actually gain it's own gear.

A balance pass of Skill to Boff relationships.

A Balance check between Skills, Boffs vs Console related powers

More PVP Map options.

Ground:
Removal of the PVE component/Grind in order to get PVP Gear and allowing PVP To actually gain it's own gear.

A Rebalance of the skills/Kit interractions between each class.

A better incentive to use FPS Mode, such as Debuffs given to the enemy when you hit them in specific Dummy Doll Locations (Head shots could equate to a free Exploit, Leg shots slow, Arm shots penalty to damage or acc, Chest shot could "Stun" you for a moment)

More PVP Map options.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 15
11-27-2012, 10:48 AM
It would be very nice, IMHO, if we didn't have to sit through hours upon hours of pointless grinding in Pve to obtain gear/skills that are really only relevant in PvP, which said PvP is virtually unsupported.

An improvement, maybe to make the "Reputation" crap relevant, would be a "War Zone Rep" system-you make marks by surviving/winning PvP matches, you gain relevant PvP skills until L40 or thereabouts, after which you can start accumulating PvP relevant GEAR.

and Drops-it doesn't necessarily have to be from anyone's specific inventory at first-just random drops from kills.

Oh, and a "leaderboard" or other means to keep score and rank players and their teams.

I think it would draw a hell of a lot of people IN, and draw some BACK if PvP weren't treated as an embarassing side-show the Devs wished would just go away.
Career Officer
# 16
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
None of that stuff will ever happen, and if it ever does it will be way into the future.

I'll play STO on occasion when I get the urge. I can't really leave anyway since I'm on an LTS.

There's other games that aren't mech games to play.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Players less complaining about it and back in the pvp queues, because i don't like waiting for more than 5 mins to to play an instance.

And less one-shot on ground maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Stahl gets fired would be a good start. A mandatory course for all their devs in customer service would also be good.
Commander
# 19
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM
put a nebula into kerrat so nobody can cloak
What ? Calaway.
Captain
# 20
11-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
put a nebula into kerrat so nobody can cloak
if you want one, you know what you hae to do-you have to get one, and go to Ker'rat.

upon which point, you KNOW you'll be the Belle of the Ball and all the Klinks will want to dance with you...