Ensign
# 1 Breen ship speculation.
11-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Good day,
since Christmas is drawing close and the patch notes on tribble show a reworking of Breen ships models I think it's pretty safe to assume we're going to get something like a Breen box.
I'd like to know what you're thinking it's going to be like.
The Chel Grett cruiser known from DS9 seems like the most probable choice.I think it's going to be a Sciscort hybrid vessel like the tac Vesta and the Mobius. In the show it was very agile for its size and able to keep up with the JH bug and the Defiant. Considering the militaristic nature of the Breen it really should have a tactical focus. The energy dampening weapon otoh just scream Sci to me. The Breen are also among the biggest users of Sci abilities ingame.

€: sorry for that stupid looking full stop in the title
Rihannsu
# 2
11-27-2012, 07:04 AM
i suspect it will be a winter event lock box. makes sense as its the breen.

I think it will be the cruiser but with a lot of universal consoles for what ever a player wishes it to be.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 3
11-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
i suspect it will be a winter event lock box. makes sense as its the breen.

I think it will be the cruiser but with a lot of universal consoles for what ever a player wishes it to be.
I'll predict an "Energy Dissipator" console which acts as the Polaron equivalent of plasmodic leech and/or a major transphasic weapons buff effect.
Career Officer
# 4
11-27-2012, 07:54 AM
agreed

they NEVER update old art assets (ships), if they don't intend to sell them.

sad but true.

I expect at least 2 Breen Ships, one in the Winter Box, one in the Lobi Store.

+1 low value Mirror Universe Ship again for FED+KDF

Breen + Winter go kinda together, both have the "cold" theme going on. Fits logically together.

Judging by Breen NPC's it will be a SCI heavy Cruiser.

Personally i hate SCI Ships and we had a lot of them lately (Wells, Tholian Ships, Vesta... all SCI SCI SCI...)

also it is about time that the Promote BOff to Player Captain ability is added to the game!
My personal gameplay style demands that my Captain fits to the Ship he flies.

Ferengi Captain in D'Kora
Cardassian Captain in Galor
fake Alien Jem'Hadar in Jem'Hadar Bug....

i skipped the Tholian Ships because i can't have a Tholian Captain (and because they are too sci heavy for my taste).

Breen Ship... i would love to have one (if it is a Cruiser with some TAC ability and consoles!), but by now i would only want it if i can have a Breen player Captain, if everybody can have a Breen BOff then why no Captain?

dStahl you hear me? ALT your BOff ASAP PLZ!

i'd even try to buy another Jem'Hadar Bug when i get a real Jem'Hadar Captain!
Career Officer
# 5
11-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
agreed

they NEVER update old art assets (ships), if they don't intend to sell them.

sad but true.

I expect at least 2 Breen Ships, one in the Winter Box, one in the Lobi Store.

+1 low value Mirror Universe Ship again for FED+KDF

Breen + Winter go kinda together, both have the "cold" theme going on. Fits logically together.

Judging by Breen NPC's it will be a SCI heavy Cruiser.

Personally i hate SCI Ships and we had a lot of them lately (Wells, Tholian Ships, Vesta... all SCI SCI SCI...)

also it is about time that the Promote BOff to Player Captain ability is added to the game!
My personal gameplay style demands that my Captain fits to the Ship he flies.

Cardassian Captain in Galor
fake Alien Jem'Hadar in Jem'Hadar Bug....

i skipped the Tholian Ships because i can't have a Tholian Captain (and because they are too sci heavy for my taste).

Breen Ship... i would love to have one (if it is a Cruiser with some TAC ability and consoles!), but by now i would only want it if i can have a Breen player Captain, if everybody can have a Breen BOff then why no Captain?

dStahl you hear me? ALT your BOff ASAP PLZ!

i'd even try to buy another Jem'Hadar Bug when i get a real Jem'Hadar Captain!
I'm surprised they didn't run with the "Cold" pun and have Future Guy take over as the Winter Event coordinator.
Career Officer
# 6
11-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
fake Alien Cardassian Captain in Galor
fake Alien Jem'Hadar in Jem'Hadar Bug
Fixed.

Quote:
Maybe they've already given us this option with alien creator? They're allowing you to create the Breen (per your imagination) without the mask.
Career Officer
# 7
11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Fixed.
uhm... right
it's an Alien Creator Cardassian, but the parts are all there, so its not a FAKE... it's REAL !

the Jem'Hadar is FAKE... because i had to improvise with wrong parts to make it somewhat kinda look like it...
Career Officer
# 8
11-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
uhm... right
it's an Alien Creator Cardassian, but the parts are all there, so its not a FAKE... it's REAL !

the Jem'Hadar is FAKE... because i had to improvise with wrong parts to make it somewhat kinda look like it...
My Mistake. I thought you'd just worded it wrong, that's all.
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Bleth Chaos Fighter for the Lobi store.

Sarr Theln Warship, built like a heavy Flight Deck cruiser, for the top ship in the Lobi Store.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Republic Veteran
# 10
11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'll predict an "Energy Dissipator" console which acts as the Polaron equivalent of plasmodic leech and/or a major transphasic weapons buff effect.
That would be kind of cool, I just hope they don't choose a extremely ugly Breen ship.