Rihannsu
# 11
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm assuming it is a Chel Grett. With the Carrier and a Shuttle in the Lobi Store. Along with the Breen Pain Stick. Hopefully a few Breen Costumes in the Lobi Store too.
Republic Veteran
# 12
11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Bleth Chaos Fighter for the Lobi store.

Sarr Theln Warship, built like a heavy Flight Deck cruiser, for the top ship in the Lobi Store.
A carrier...I would love that so much! Now got me hoping this comes to light!
Captain
# 13
11-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Anyone got before/after shots of the changed Breen ships?
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'll predict an "Energy Dissipator" console which acts as the Polaron equivalent of plasmodic leech and/or a major transphasic weapons buff effect.
I'd imagine the console would act more like the Tholian Thermionic Torpedo launcher, but drain power from all ship systems instead.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Rihannsu
# 15
11-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'll predict an "Energy Dissipator" console which acts as the Polaron equivalent of plasmodic leech and/or a major transphasic weapons buff effect.
Or... the 3 pc Breen set bonus? Just tossing that in there for consideration.... It does kinda work...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
That would be kind of cool, I just hope they don't choose a extremely ugly Breen ship.
They will. They have no choice. All the breen ships are ugly ships.
Ensign
# 17
11-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Or... the 3 pc Breen set bonus? Just tossing that in there for consideration.... It does kinda work...
I still think the ship is going to get a console with a similiar effect. Maybe it works less like Energy syphon and more like Viral Matrix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
They will. They have no choice. All the breen ships are ugly ships.
I think they look very unique. The show's CGI model of the Chel Grett looks much better than the ingame model, at least. They certainly don't look practical, I'll give you that.
I'd be fine if people think it looks ugly, might lower its price on the exchange :S
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
11-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
agreed

they NEVER update old art assets (ships), if they don't intend to sell them.

sad but true.

Well, that's not true at all.

I've updated ship hull materials over time include all the following factions/species/races. Some playable, some not. Some are big updates, some are small.

Gorn, Breen, Borg, Nausicaan, Starfleet, Klingon, Generic Ship, Jem'Hadar, Fek'Ihri, Cardassian, Ferengi, Romulan, & Tholian. ... and more to come.

Geometry updates include far too many ships to count, most of them being NPC updates & fixes. Usually when I go in to fix a bug related to something simple, I try to take some extra time and pretty-up the geometry. Sometimes this is for ships we sell, sometimes not.
Latest examples the many of the NPC capitol ships/dreadnoughts you might see in some of your Starbase-related missions, and some of the NPC fighters.

Slowly, over-time, you'll see the old NPC ship materials fade away and be replaced with materials that meet the new standard. Romulan ships were the last ones I updated, a few weeks before the launch of Season 7. You can get a pretty good look at them from the Azure Nebula Rescue mission.

Granted, sometimes when a ship is rebuilt for one purpose, it gets repurposed for something else -- the D'Kora, for example, was something I wanted to rebuild when I created the dilithium mining asteroid map, the current NPC ship didn't cut it for me. In the end, it was decided to create a fully fleshed out version that was player-ship-quality.

In the end, don't always take NPC ship updates as a cue for what ship is coming up next.

Alas, aside from that very specific point, continue your speculation.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Career Officer
# 19
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Well, that's not true at all.

I've updated ship hull materials over time include all the following factions/species/races. Some playable, some not. Some are big updates, some are small.

Gorn, Breen, Borg, Nausicaan, Starfleet, Klingon, Generic Ship, Jem'Hadar, Fek'Ihri, Cardassian, Ferengi, Romulan, & Tholian. ... and more to come.

Geometry updates include far too many ships to count, most of them being NPC updates & fixes. Usually when I go in to fix a bug related to something simple, I try to take some extra time and pretty-up the geometry. Sometimes this is for ships we sell, sometimes not.
Latest examples the many of the NPC capitol ships/dreadnoughts you might see in some of your Starbase-related missions, and some of the NPC fighters.

Slowly, over-time, you'll see the old NPC ship materials fade away and be replaced with materials that meet the new standard. Romulan ships were the last ones I updated, a few weeks before the launch of Season 7. You can get a pretty good look at them from the Azure Nebula Rescue mission.

Granted, sometimes when a ship is rebuilt for one purpose, it gets repurposed for something else -- the D'Kora, for example, was something I wanted to rebuild when I created the dilithium mining asteroid map, the current NPC ship didn't cut it for me. In the end, it was decided to create a fully fleshed out version that was player-ship-quality.

In the end, don't always take NPC ship updates as a cue for what ship is coming up next.

Alas, aside from that very specific point, continue your speculation.
Oh come on, the Breen are a Winter People... they are perfect for a Christmas SlotMachine
Cryptic Studios Team
# 20
11-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Oh come on, the Breen are a Winter People... they are perfect for a Christmas SlotMachine
Not saying anything about that, just saying that we do update old ships regularly, without any intent to sell them. You'll just have to sit tight and wait for specifics on the winter-update to put an end to the speculation.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz