Empire Veteran
# 31
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
N
On top of this, you're going to have a massively difficult time convincing me that I should log onto the test server in my very limited free time to test your grind systems for you, for free, and then have to do it all over again when it goes live.

This says it all for me.
Lieutenant
# 32
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
well essentially we do get paid.

in the form of the tribble test event / reward.

Thats the only reason i go on it. yes i would test it MORE if there were more incentives for sure. so would everyone i would geuss.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
11-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Regardless of getting paid (whether in virtual or real money), there are a lot of reasons people don't go to Tribble, including but not limited to:

* Having to install two copies of the game
* Having to patch two copies of the game
* Having to play two copies of the game
* Progress on Tribble doesn't translate to progress on Holodeck
* Making the Tribble server home is problematic due to possible database wipes
* Players don't want to play through content before it even goes live

As for incentivising players? It might work for some but not for others who would rather have an intrinsic reward as opposed to getting "paid" for their troubles. Once one adds pay to testing, it could feel like a chore rather than a leisure activity, which might cause fewer players to test.

Cryptic would do well to at least survey players on such a reward system before implementing it, to see if the number of players gained by such a system would offset those lost to it.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 34
11-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I have yet to see the prize from the last "Test Weekend" promotion. So unless there are some generous rewards (read: dilithium), my answer is no, I will not be doing Cryptic QA team's job for them. That hour I spent on Tribble could've been spent grinding on Holodeck instead. At least there I'd have something in-game to show for it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
11-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahk42 View Post
I have yet to see the prize from the last "Test Weekend" promotion. So unless there are some generous rewards (read: dilithium), my answer is no, I will not be doing Cryptic QA team's job for them. That hour I spent on Tribble could've been spent grinding on Holodeck instead. At least there I'd have something in-game to show for it.
The misconception that Q&A is omnipotent, unerring, and can simulate the load of a standard live playerbase, never ceases to ...amuse me.

Career Officer
# 36
11-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
The misconception that Q&A is omnipotent, unerring, and can simulate the load of a standard live playerbase, never ceases to ...amuse me.
I do realize that QA are not Q. However, asking players to basically throw away their limited free time without any compensation also amuses me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahk42 View Post
I do realize that QA are not Q. However, asking players to basically throw away their limited free time without any compensation also amuses me.
Asking being the operative word, versus demanding. Some players have more free time than others to fetter away on the Tribble server, and I accept that. Players such as you and I, not so much

IMPO, even if Dilithium or Zen were offered, it would be a hard sell. And of course, they'd never give out too much of it, lest it be farmed by players.

Career Officer
# 38
11-28-2012, 12:23 PM
To the people who are quoting prices. don't ever complain about bugs. ever.

Test servers are a needed component to MMO's. that is why there are tribble test weekends. the issues is that people go the test weekend and just idle for there reward.

So I ask this. (the following has no reflection on past content for me as i like season 7) would you rather the game get screwed up on tribble or on holodeck?

the big issue i see is that cryptic is using holodeck as tribble. because of low pop during testing on tribble.

My solution. have a line of general test rewards that is given out based on time played on tribble during a new season test. on top of the stress test weekend reward they already have.

oh btw week need blue frogs on test center... i mean tribble
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I would go on tribble and test IF I could avoid having to endure another COMPLETE download of the entire game.
I had thought about that as well, and then I signed up and moved a char over to Tribble... and it didn't DL a complete copy of the game, merely patched it so that the game looked to the tribble server instead of the Holodeck server.

Anyways, I played on Tribble for S7. I think after the huge launch into S7, with how next to no one was listened to at first for all the tribble test results, I don't think I'd continue playing on Tribble.

I usually stop spending money on a company if they just blatantly ignore their player-base. And this one is no different.
Career Officer
# 40
11-28-2012, 01:55 PM
if I have to test this buggy ass game for cryptic then I expect to be hired by them to do so. I didn't start a life time sub to be a volunteer QA tester for cryptic. If they were actually interested in making sure their product works properly, they would test it themselves instead of relying on us to go "You dun did it again tards!"

Every patch they break something, and if we can spot in in just a few minutes of game play, they should be able to spot it before its released.