Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Private ques are down, anything worth using in pvp can only be earned via pve.

pve stf's lost dilithium, then after an outrage got dilithium back. thats a nice finger to the pvp community that has been begging for fleet marks to be added to pvp in some way.

the romulan embassy costs only half as much as a starbase but because everyhting now costs a ton of dilithium the romulan embassy will still take just as long as the starbase.

no word from our "pvp dev." since he was first mentioned when the guy named gozer left.

why has this games pvp been neglected so badly?

-updates will be added as needed-

tractor beam repulsor has been fixed.

rumor has it that the voldamort bug is back, bigger and better then ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?

Last edited by maicake716; 11-17-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-15-2012, 08:26 AM

(2010-2012) Thank you for calling Cryptic PVP - Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...

-Regulus. PWE Bull**** Caller.
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
TBR has been fixed (this may have been in the first weekly report, I cant find it)
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 4
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
Private ques are down, anything worth using in pvp can only be earned via pve.

pve stf's lost dilithium, then after an outrage got dilithium back. thats a nice finger to the pvp community that has been begging for fleet marks to be added to pvp in some way.

the romulan embassy costs only half as much as a starbase but because everyhting now costs a ton of dilithium the romulan embassy will still take just as long as the starbase.

no word from our "pvp dev." since he was first mentioned when the guy named gozer left.

-updates will be added as needed-
Did you notice you can get an exchange terminal in the embassy ? Funny how you CAN't get one on your fleet starbase but they let you buy a shuttle that'll run routes between the embassy and your fleet starbase.

Our fleet still hasn't determined if the embassy is a total waste of time, or just partial.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-15-2012, 10:41 AM
What's that old saying again....."What is the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting change....."

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Captain
# 6
11-15-2012, 10:44 AM
I think the bug what caused you have more boff stations is back....

One of my aft weapon slots on cruiser is unable to be set to autofire...

+ the usual not fixed bugs
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I don't know that neglected is the right word. We've gone through several Devs that have worked on PvP over the years and each of them has left Cryptic within a few months (or weeks) of starting work on PvP.

Maybe their work was getting put on the back-burner to often, maybe they got depressed when they started listening to what quality players had to say about the game, I don't know and we'll never really know.

EDIT: Cryptic may have finally done it to themselves, if you look at the other sub-forums people are not doing the normal thanking of Cryptic with new Season releases, even for the Vesta. Only time will tell though...

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here

Last edited by therealsivar; 11-15-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Really? A giant Season update, and THIS is the PvP update for the week?

Has anyone reviewed the new ships to find whether or not they're throwing PvP for a loop, or are hopelessly buggy (other than the obvious Steamrunner stat bugs that were fixed today)?

I'm curious what a full team cycling that Steamrunner console power might be able to accomplish in terms of survivability...

And what about the Reputation powers? I saw some grumbling a few weeks ago when they were released to Tribble, but is anyone looking at them on Holodeck? Have they been changed at all?

(Also, I wonder what ever happened to ... one of the Devs mentioned having a way to test these on Tribble...)
Captain
# 9
11-15-2012, 11:13 AM
MOST of the changes were already talked about in the run-up as people ventured to Tribble or Redshirt to see what was new, then came back and commented, while others were clear in Dev Blog material (the changes to the borg set and loss of the usefulness of switching out said borg-set shield was already addressed last month...)

as for the REputation powers-nobody's cleared far enough to SEE those yet. at the projected cost, it's unlikely we'll have a representative sampling who can discuss it with any real knowledge until sometime late DEcember at earliest.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-15-2012, 11:18 AM
the steamy should have its fixed shield mod now.

this whole thing with the stfs getting dil again is a BS pr campaign to disguise the hose job on the easy money that was fleet actions. they gave 1440 and for us 2 purple items and could be blown through easily. now season 7 truly is a dil wasteland.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus