Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Enterprise F showboating...
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Ok, after the first run in with the Enterprise F in the 2800 finale, where it spend the entire battle wrecked to 0% condition while I did the bull work (I played it solo on elite), now this thing dares to show up in my Tau Dewa missions godmoding?

Throwing a triple tricobalt torpedo spread that moves almost as fast as a photon torpedo, pulling science moves that our own Odysseys would be hard pressed to duplicate, and claiming "we're here to help"? Screw you, its not like I need a bailout.

Can we get an option to make them go away? Please?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-28-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Well to be fair, even the Enterprise-F would crack a bit under 10-20 Jem'Hadar ships firing on her at once

Their lack of help can probably be attributed to an forced early launch, similiar to the Enterprise-B, and they're not up to full capabilities Having these abilities now is a fairly obvious indicator that's been fixed.

And it's kinda cool that they're showing up to give us a hand once in awhile, instead of just hearing about their shadowed exploits, I think. I've seen many others who think it's cool also (and lord knows this captain could use a better reputation, even if it's bit-by-bit).

So I doubt there's a turn off function, but their chances of showing up are low in the first place. And you can safely ignore them if they do show up.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 3
11-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I think its cool; Phon needs every bit of PR to make us think he's worth the captain's chair of our flagship.

Because here's a funny story: Almost 85% of all Starfleet captains I've run into hated Phon. I still think USS Kirk's captain was more suited for the task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Commander
# 4
11-28-2012, 05:03 PM
The Enterprise. Always there to remind you that YOU are NOT the Enterprise. Har har har.

I just chalk it up to the blue skin trying too hard to be the next Kirk/Picard. The thing is, the Enterprise isn't the **** because it's the Enterprise. It's the **** because of her captains.

Shrug. It's hard to care one bit about the Enterprise F when I can't relate to it's non human captain. It's practically the same thing as if the next TV show featured an alien as the main character and captain. It just doesn't work for the audience. So anytime I see the ship try to "help" me I just feel like wanting to turn my cannons on it for betraying my expectations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-28-2012, 05:28 PM
It's Shon. Va'Kel Shon. And he is kickass! I was actually happy the first time I've seen him... about time the Enterprise got a non-human captain (other than Data) I think. He seems to get the job done and I already like his resolute attitude, serves the Enterprise right. Really, give him a break, we've hardly seen him in action yet! He's already better than Harriman, who was IMHO a poor choice as the commanding officer of a by-then-already-legendary starship. No offense to Harriman though, we all love Cameron!

Bottom line, I'm happy with Cryptic's decision of making Him the next captain of the Enterprise.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
It's Shon. Va'Kel Shon. And he is kickass! I was actually happy the first time I've seen him... about time the Enterprise got a non-human captain (other than Data) I think. He seems to get the job done and I already like his resolute attitude, serves the Enterprise right. Really, give him a break, we've hardly seen him in action yet! He's already better than Harriman, who was IMHO a poor choice as the commanding officer of a by-then-already-legendary starship. No offense to Harriman though, we all love Cameron!

Bottom line, I'm happy with Cryptic's decision of making Him the next captain of the Enterprise.
Could'nt have said it any better myself, well done..