Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed the new content. All of it.

I've read many QQ'ing threads already regarding the difficulty of the Onslaught Mission. My take; The other Elite STF's need to be brought to this level of difficulty

As I am sure many of you have read on the forums... the existing Space Elite STF's have been nerfed to a point that they can be completed (with optional) with 2 Man Teams.

I have felt for sometime that AT BEST, the existing Elite STF's should be called Advanced.... the level of difficulty in Elite Onslaught is truly Elite!

The existing Space STF's are pure Tac DPS fests. Not Onslaught! You want a mix of classes and players!

If you call yourself Elite... then you should be thrilled by the challenge, and starting to devise strategies to test. If you call yourself Elite, and find it too difficult... go back to normal.

Thank you Cryptic... Finally FINALLY an Elite STF that can rightfully call itself Elite!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 2
11-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Agreed. We could also use a 3rd difficulty level not to get bored with the current content.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-03-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 3
11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
A 3rd difficulty I could get behind... just because I could avoid it...

but no, the existing STFs shoulf not be brought to Onslaughts level. I didnt have fun when I played it... and currently I do have fun with the existing STFs.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 814
# 4
11-03-2012, 01:44 PM
People complain they don't like grind maps they want something with a challenge.

Then they complain... this new STF is too hard.

Now they want it made "easy" like the other ones.


The other ones used to be a challenge... but i've run them so many times I know ALL THE TRICKS.

The new one... is a challenge because I don't have an optimal build or a good sense of how the map is played.

Yet.

I for one welcome the change and loved the challenge.


The other STFs need to be brought up to this level. Make them into endgame raids again not simple Borg-themed grind maps.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 5
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
A 3rd difficulty I could get behind... just because I could avoid it...

but no, the existing STFs shoulf not be brought to Onslaughts level. I didnt have fun when I played it... and currently I do have fun with the existing STFs.
In the same light, many of us are bored with the Elite STF as they exist today (hence we are not having fun) because the missions are just too easy. I mean seriously... the current space Elite STF can be completed with two man teams.

I'd be happy if the current elite were made Advanced, and the real Elite be brought to the level of difficulty as Onslaught Elite.

Let Elite be Elite... not easy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 814
# 6
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
My very first run was with a generic Excelsior build that I slapped together on an old toon on Tribble.. Random weapons consoles and BOFFs.

Jumped in line, got tossed in a PUG and we had to READ THE DIRECTIONS and figure out how to beat it.

Took us 45 min but we got it.


The next three runs were a bit easier as I refined my build.

I'll give you a massive spoiler: You try to DPS-rage your way through this you will struggle. You need at least one SCIENCE! with you and you need to pay attention to ranges and positioning.

The rest, figure out on your own. I've beat it four times now. If I can beat it on the first attempt with a generic build, then there is something wrong with your tactics/build/reading comprehension.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
# 7
11-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
People complain they don't like grind maps they want something with a challenge.
The answer to making something challenging is not just to make it harder. We saw that with the insta-kill borg plasma torpedoes. Challenge level too low? Give the Borg super-duper weapons so they kill everyone a lot!

In fact, Cryptic's attempt to make things 'harder' often resulted in more grind, simply because 'harder' meant 'dying more often' which meant that things went slower; they weren't particularly challenging.

I don't think that the current ESTFs can, or should, be brought up to the same level of difficulty. Without completely reworking their content, it would inevitably just require slapping on more super torpedoes, make everything take twice as long, and satisfy nobody.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 8
11-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
The answer to making something challenging is not just to make it harder. We saw that with the insta-kill borg plasma torpedoes. Challenge level too low? Give the Borg super-duper weapons so they kill everyone a lot!

In fact, Cryptic's attempt to make things 'harder' often resulted in more grind, simply because 'harder' meant 'dying more often' which meant that things went slower; they weren't particularly challenging.

I don't think that the current ESTFs can, or should, be brought up to the same level of difficulty. Without completely reworking their content, it would inevitably just require slapping on more super torpedoes, make everything take twice as long, and satisfy nobody.
Honestly, I haven't died as many times as some of you claim... Did I die more? yes... but not "dozens of times". I have survived, several, plasma torpedo spreads... and Isometric hits... as for the plasma ball of death... nope that is an insta-kill... but by god, I'll take it right back to the ship that fired it before it catches me, and mess their day up. If I go, I'm taking a bunch of that ship with me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 979
# 9
11-03-2012, 01:57 PM
i agree elite mode should be alot harder the new stf is fun
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 10
11-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
In the same light, many of us are bored with the Elite STF as they exist today (hence we are not having fun) because the missions are just too easy. I mean seriously... the current space Elite STF can be completed with two man teams.

I'd be happy if the current elite were made Advanced, and the real Elite be brought to the level of difficulty as Onslaught Elite.

Let Elite be Elite... not easy.
If thats the case, then the reward system needs to be reworked. Because no one should have to play the highest difficulty to get the Mk XII sets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 AM.