Empire Veteran
# 31
11-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasrum View Post
The trolling in STO is getting just a tad too difficult to ignore, please for the love god, deal with the trollers.... I've had enough of walking into places like Drozana and having trollers follow me around harass me constantly, this has to stop.
I'm just getting far too sick of these people that take it upon themselves to make others miserable just for "yucks."
Those that have banning power and compassion for those that just want to enjoy the game, please for the love of god, ban the trollers for good!!!
Simple solution:

Go to tailor and create a getaway costume. Don't change into it yet, though. Ok, now beam up to your ship. Once there, change into your new costume (ideally, you'll want a different head shape, new uniform, and different colors). Wait at least a minute. Now, go back out to space view. Then, fly around the station a few times. Ok, you should be ok now. Go ahead and beam down to the station, but do it cautiously (a sudden beam in could arouse suspicion). Once you beam in and go out into the main corridor, survey your surroundings but do it as if you're looking to meet somebody or are looking for tailors. If the perpetrator is gone, you should be safe. However, if you do happen to see your perpetrator, immediately activate the shard of possibilites and subsequently activate emergency beam out. You're holographic replicas should be able to fool them long enough for you to make your escape. Home free!
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Ensign
# 32
11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
Best policy for trolls... Ignore them.

The More you are annoyed, the More of a kick they get out of it.
It is at times quite difficult to ignore someone if they're in your face every second and firing all sorts of stuff in your face constantly, please note that, simply ignoring them isn't a "Cure-all" for the lowest form of life of the internet.
Ensign
# 33 Not an viable option
11-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Simple solution:

Go to tailor and create a getaway costume. Don't change into it yet, though. Ok, now beam up to your ship. Once there, change into your new costume (ideally, you'll want a different head shape, new uniform, and different colors). Wait at least a minute. Now, go back out to space view. Then, fly around the station a few times. Ok, you should be ok now. Go ahead and beam down to the station, but do it cautiously (a sudden beam in could arouse suspicion). Once you beam in and go out into the main corridor, survey your surroundings but do it as if you're looking to meet somebody or are looking for tailors. If the perpetrator is gone, you should be safe. However, if you do happen to see your perpetrator, immediately activate the shard of possibilites and subsequently activate emergency beam out. You're holographic replicas should be able to fool them long enough for you to make your escape. Home free!
I refuse to go with this idea, why should I change my look to "Fool" some twerp that is going to follow me around anyway like a hungry puppy.
This silly collection of shenanigans is not a viable option to battle people that live off the misery of others.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-28-2012, 11:20 PM
If they are in your face... turn around.

Or you can jump to another instance.
Ensign
# 35 Who cares about terms
11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
They're called trolls, not "trollers". I'm also pretty sure they do it for the lulz, not "for the yucks".

The simple fact is, every game will have its undesirables. You have 2 ways to deal with them.

You can ignore them.
You can let them get to you so much you post on the forums, for them to be amused by your crying/whining/whatever.

Guess which group you're in.
I post so that in the hope that someone with banning authority can see how bad trolling gets, and also I don't care what some folks call the very same feelings that mean amusement.
I'm also not crying, I'm pointing out that this bs has to be dealt with in some practical way, we can't have trollers taking over social areas forever.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-28-2012, 11:26 PM
You seem to be under the assumption that Cryptic cares...

This has been going on since the game launched and other than in cases of outright sexual harassment that has been captured in video or a copy of chat, They have never put Their foot down to stop it.

This is nothing new, not to be crass but you really need to learn to deal with this by ignoring it or moving on.
Ensign
# 37 This I completely agree with
11-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Trollers (people who Troll) is equally correct

Zone chat is the main chat channel (others include local , team , fleet etc)

Drozana is a vital part of Several missions unfortunately and a major hub for some smaller fleets.

Its also a neutral spot where people from different factions can meet each other and there aren't many of those accessable to Active level players (as in the majority who do not have "diplomatic immunity")

Some people exist purely to mess with the real players these people are no different from those who abuse people on twitter or who hang out in the streets and mug old ladies
you know anti social jerks
I loathe the sociopaths that troll until they fall into comas just because they think it's funny, these people have to be dealt with in a way that they're negatively affected and possibly even change their tune and at least try to be a little nicer.
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasrum View Post
I loathe the sociopaths that troll until they fall into comas just because they think it's funny, these people have to be dealt with in a way that they're negatively affected and possibly even change their tune and at least try to be a little nicer.
You are the perfect target for these kind of folks...

An adjustment of your tactics is in order, the more you feed into their antics, the more they are going to harass you.

Really, Truly and Honestly... I G N O R E is your F R I E N D.
Captain
# 39
11-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
The day I determined Zone Chat was best to be avoided: Launch day, on ESD, with scintillating questions like the kind found in this unforgettable exchange between two players:

Player 1: aaaag where is esd??
Player 2: You're in it, Copernicus.

Best one I saw was on F2P launch.

I had just beamed to ESD after the borg training mission and I'm greated with "WTF!!! WHY ARE ALL YOU PEPLE(sic) AT MY SHIP!"

I try to pass it off as part of a conversation I caught the end of but I can't help but think someone actually thought the ESD interior was his ships interior and we were all invaders.
Ensign
# 40
11-29-2012, 12:09 AM
This topic makes me want to trow up. Ive never been trolled in this game and when someone does nasty i just ignore them. And bytheway i dont believe your story maybe youyourself are the biggest troll! Sending pm's telling dev's to bann a player. Its sickening....

I DEMAND this topic to be closed!