# 41
11-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Why do you want it closed?
Career Officer
# 42
11-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasrum View Post
It is at times quite difficult to ignore someone if they're in your face every second and firing all sorts of stuff in your face constantly, please note that, simply ignoring them isn't a "Cure-all" for the lowest form of life of the internet.
I just lose them by going into a instance or another sector, if that fails due to them waiting for you to return or keep following, I just log out and do art work or something else.

They think they have won, but they haven't, I won because I went off and did something constructive with my time.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
11-29-2012, 03:18 AM
We need instances which are Skev free (skill effect visuals) so that no one can fire extinguisher people into leaving
Captain
# 44
11-29-2012, 03:30 AM
instance change is probably the best option + putting on ignore list.
i guess it takes a certain level of indifference to literally ignore them. there is nothing another player can do that actually effects your own character. not even with a fire extinguisher.

to be honest, i think 2/3 of the people posting in here, actually like going to drozana to be harassed a little, just to get their juices flowing. And i understand, the game is so boring from time to time, and drozana trolls are like the only exitement there is, because they give you their full attention...and who doesn't like a little attention from somebody else, even if it is an idiot.

so, you can deal with them yourself, you all have the tools to do so.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 45
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry but I'm still not seeing the big deal, Drozana is just a stopover to complete a chain of quests, you go in do what you need to do and get out, if you are gonna hang around you can expect to see someone doing something stupid, but so what?
Last time I was there some guy was setting off some kind kind of green smoke bombs while standing on the bar, I just typed "Phew, dude what have you been eating?" in zone chat then went about my business, it wasn't the end of the freakin world.
They should be dealt with?, they should be punished? For something so minor? Give me a break.
Do smoke bombs keep you from using the exchange? Do fire extinguishers keep you from opening an interface window? No they do not. It all comes down to how hypersensitive you choose to be about what's going on around you, what these others are doing doesn't affect you in any way unless you choose to let it. It's all make believe anyway, so just make believe what's annoying you isn't happening.
Honestly if you are going to make such a big deal out of something so mickey mouse unimportant that you have to come complaining in the forums then maybe you should log off and do something else since you are clearly taking this game way way too seriously.

Be thankful Drozana isn't an open PVP zone, then you would really have something to complain about.
Survivor of Romulus
# 46
11-29-2012, 11:29 AM
make it open PVP and I will be much happier

and a Lot of pests will be disintegrated in a blue beam
Commander
# 47
11-29-2012, 12:27 PM
If you're expecting a MMO company of any stripe to police asshattery, you're wasting your time.

This is an MMO. Not a police state.

There's an old saying: "Stupidity is not a crime."

Yet, you're expecting Cryptic to treat it as one by handing down bans for minor, ultimately trivial issues. You know, you say that it isn't a matter of ignoring things, that it's so hard to ignore...

Well, then, grow a thicker skin. You can ignore anything you damn well please, and even if you have to see it, YOU define its value to you. If it means nothing, shrug it off and move on.

From where I'm standing, though, you allow it to get to you and then you demand that the powers that be do something about it because you choose to allow it to affect you.

To paraphrase McCoy: Dammit man, they're developers, not psychologists!!
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 11-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Captain
# 48
11-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
make it open PVP and I will be much happier

and a Lot of pests will be disintegrated in a blue beam
Do you mean this srsly, or are you joking?
you would be the first to cry about getting ganked 24/7...or does that actually make you happy?
this proposal would make a non existing problem into an actual annoyance of unseen proportions. Compareable to trying to estinguish a fire with thermite!
Go pro or go home
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
11-29-2012, 12:57 PM
What makes you think it would be ME going down??
Remember these guys are armed with fire extinguishers I have a phaser

I strongly suspect that the majority of players would sooner shoot them than me as well.

But yes make ONE open PVP instance
then people could go there when they were sick of the pests
Rihannsu
# 50
11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraljelle View Post
This topic makes me want to trow up. Ive never been trolled in this game and when someone does nasty i just ignore them. And bytheway i dont believe your story maybe youyourself are the biggest troll! Sending pm's telling dev's to bann a player. Its sickening....

I DEMAND this topic to be closed!
Yeah, really. I leave Zone chat on because that's where NooBs usually ask for help. Trolls.... I have the mental discipline required to ignore them the old fashioned way...... I don't need an ignore button to ignore people....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.