Survivor of Romulus
# 61
12-02-2012, 04:38 PM
So, which part of the move has the night of the zombie attack.
Lt. Commander
# 62
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Enterprise will still be equipped with Heavy cannons not phaser beams
Thats exacly what I thought when the Entreprise fired on Nero's ship.
Career Officer
# 63
12-03-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't think Khan will be in this film (its being speculated everywhere) but I do think it'll involve Augments. There are reveals of a fight scene between Benedicts' character and Spock. Would a normal Human be able to fight a Vulcan so easily?

Also, anyone seen the new banner? If I didn't know any better, I'd say the Starfleet logo was carved into a Borg Cube.
Career Officer
# 64
12-03-2012, 11:15 AM
The official movie poster has been revealed.

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/asse...T13-Poster.jpg

I don't know what to think. I mean this suggests something darker than DS9 offered us.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 65
12-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
The official movie poster has been revealed.

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/asse...T13-Poster.jpg

I don't know what to think. I mean this suggests something darker than DS9 offered us.
Hmm i like the way that the "hole" looks like a combadge
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 66
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
But now Kirk is in the same class as Chekov (thus he is 20 years younger) this makes him 11 years YOUNGER than gary

And his father died before anything else happened

Why can't Gary exist?

because none of them do now

if he had existed which he no longer does

thats only part of it
Kirk is now 20 years younger than he should be

also there is no Vulcan
its complex but the cosmos is unmade and remade
no one from the real trek is unchanged
even uhura has gone from strong independant smart woman to "spocks bit of fluff"
Kirk was only born a few months early because of the Narada. The explanation given in the tie-ins is that Winona was using pregnancy slowing drugs that failed due to the trauma of the attack. He's actually OLDER in the J.J.-verse than he was in the Prime Universe because of a premature delivery. And he gets command of the Enterprise six years early, despite starting the Academy five years late.

(In the J.J.verse, he started the Academy in 2255 and took command of the Enterprise in in 2259 vs. starting the Academy in 2250 and taking command of the Enterprise in 2265 in the Prime timeline.)

Now, Chekov in the JJ-verse was born four years early and so is likely, on a genetic level, the brother of Prime Chekov, who simply has the same name and parents. And he was 17 in the film.

I think you're sortof willfully destroying the timeline more than Orci and Kurtzman did because you didn't like the film.
Captain
# 67
12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Eventually someone will go back in time and delete Abrams thus saving a hundred trillion lives
I have to agree, why is it that people have to take a good thing and mash the hell out of it so they can call it their own.
Oh well, I'll probably watch it just for the sake of it being science fiction and will probably be a special effects festival, other than that, Trek is pretty much dead and everything now is just scavengers picking at the bones.
Career Officer
# 68
12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I don't think Khan will be in this film (its being speculated everywhere) but I do think it'll involve Augments. There are reveals of a fight scene between Benedicts' character and Spock. Would a normal Human be able to fight a Vulcan so easily?

Also, anyone seen the new banner? If I didn't know any better, I'd say the Starfleet logo was carved into a Borg Cube.
Only in a vague sense. I think we'll see a play in the upgrades that happened to the Galileo 6 being replicated to create a genetically modified super-soldier with godlike mental powers.

Kirk and Spock will be all like, "This violates the bans put in place after the eugenics wars."

And Cumberbatch will be all like, "Starfleet secretly changed after 9-11... I mean the Narada attack. I'm the product of the changed attitudes, engineered by Section 31 as part of Project Q to make starships themselves obsolete. I'm a god."

Kirk: "Granted, a god doesn't need a starship. But no. We do things by the sweat of the brow. Old fashioned hard work. Apple pie. The constitution! We don't need gods, just good people."

And Cumberbatch goes ragey and Pike is all like, "Man. I thought this 'creating a god' business was a bad idea. Yeah, I knew about it. Go get 'em, Kirk."
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I think it's definitely a Section 31 plot here. Spock Prime was likely debriefed, and informed Starfleet of the dangers and challenges that awaited the Prime universe in this time period. I mean think about it, how would things have changed if Starfleet knew what those Cybernetic beings were in the Enterprise episode Regeneration?

What about the Bajorans, the Cardassians, and the Wormhole? Spock could have told them all about the last 150 years of history between the destruction of Praxis all the way up to the explosion at Hobus. Section 31 would be salivating over the 'extraordinary threats' coming up over the next century.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Captain
# 70
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Enterprise would be history by the time of Spock's/Nero's actions, but 150 years of future history have been thrown in the crapper.
The only reason the Borg became aware of humanity was due to Q's meddling, avoid Q, avoid the Borg. If the Borg never came to the Alpha quadrant to begin with they would never have gone back to Earths history to eventually be found by the NX01.
The only reason for Khan being found was because the Enterprise was in the right place at the right time to find the Botany Bay, put the Enterprise somewhere else and the Bounty bay continues to drift in empty space and Khan and the augments remain a historical footnote.
This time travel nonsense has thrown a wrench in the works of all of the Star Trek we know, that's why they did it, so then can make up all new stories that have nothing to do with Star Trek's history.

Instead of creating something that fits with the existing franchise, they pushed the magic reset button, time travel, which in my opinion, sucks.