Lt. Commander
So, I'm having problems with sneaking past the Fed NPCs so I can get the accolade. When this mission first came out I had no problem. I'm not sure if something changed in Season 4 or with F2P or if I just suck now hehe.

What I do is wait for the sentry to go back to his team and I run to the crates and barrels. Then I wait for the sentry to come by again and as soon as he is back with his team I sprint for the next room.

99% of the time they fire on me as reach the doorway to the next room. And I don't even try to bring my BO's with me any more. I have to leave them parked outside of that room.

I've done this mission countless times because I need the beam arrays from the reward because dilithium prices are straight up ridiculous.

Once or twice I was able to sneak past that team and into the next room with Lt. Simean and her team. Long ago I remembered that they would stop and question me. But now sometimes they straight up attack. Other times they sit there doing nothing until I take the last part from that console. Another time they let me take the part and leave with no problem. Then one time they attacked me, I died, respawned, and found a Fed NPC (the one working by the barrels in the hallway) attacking and defeating the other feds.

So is the Shenanigans part of this mission now bugged or am I doing everything wrong?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I've also had a hard time getting past them, in fact I have been unable to in a LONG time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I also forgot to mention that the optional objective "Escape or Overcome Starfleet Security" never updates - no matter if I defeat security or by a stroke of good luck manage to get past them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure you can get the accolade as long as you don't knock them out. I agree it should be possible to sneak past them, but if that fails you can try using stun pistols or force fields to escape.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenizenVI
I'm pretty sure you can get the accolade as long as you don't knock them out. I agree it should be possible to sneak past them, but if that fails you can try using stun pistols or force fields to escape.
Yeah, like I said I've done this countless times. But it seems extremely difficult to sneak past that team without getting attacked. I remember it being much easier to do when the episode first went live.

Basically, wondering if this i bugged now and if everyone is having similar difficulty when they didn't before.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I believe it is bugged. It's been like this on Live for a long time, ever since the Crossfire update I think? It is no longer possible to sneak past them.
Lt. Commander
Ran into the same problem. You put your crew on passive, move them down thee hall and you still get only ONE response from the security officer which is "attack". So what I did was "X clicked" out of the dialogue box rather then hit the "continue" box. I then just walked in by myself past the whole group with zero issues. I released the field and ran out the way I came in and THEN they open fired on me as I turned the corner so I ran for it and got to the turbolift without attacking them.

CONFIRMED! I Just got "Cunning and Gile" accolade. So the trick is put your guys on passive and park them where you're planning to go to next. When the security talk to you just ignore by use the X delete option on the dialog box and then be ready to run for it after you activate the turbolift. Good Luck!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 05:50 PM
stun grenade
Ensign
This has been happening to me for the past two days. I found a work-around for the perpetual loop - as soon as you 'complete' the mission (ie: ask Bones for the hyronolin), hail Starfleet and talk to Drake and choose your reward. Doing so will turn the 'return to the 23rd century' button into the proper 'return to your own time' button, and allow the mission to successfully complete.

I've not yet found a work-around for the failure of the optional 'evade or overcome security' to update. I'll update this post if I solve the issue.
Career Officer
# 10
03-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Personally I've never had a problem with this episode.

To get the accolade you have to have Diplomacy rank 3 for a Federation character. I've gotten it on my main but I didn't get it at rank 2. I got it at rank 3. If you don't have rank 3 Diplomacy you won't get credit for avoiding security even though you do.

Here is the reason why you fail to get the accolade:
In the room where you use the console to unlock the turbolift, the NPCs in the room will initiate a dialogue window and you will have 1 or 2 choices. If you don't have rank 3 diplomacy the only option is to fight them and this makes you lose the accolade because you had no choice but to defeat them. If you have rank 3 diplomacy there is a second option to talk your way out of it. The NPCs will leave the room and you can use the console then be on your merry way and get the accolade (granted you didn't defeat a single other enemy along the way).

These are the only Starfleet personnel that you can't avoid a confrontation with, unless you have rank 3 Diplomacy. You have to get past them to get to the console in the room. You could close the dialogue window without making a choice but as soon as you get back to the doorway or try to enter the room it pops up again. If I remember right this is the last room with Starfleet personnel that you can fight.

Edit: Just realized the poster above me necroed this very old thread.

Urge to rant rising!

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.